Awakening from Alzheimer's 12-day interview series

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Awakening from Alzheimer's 12-day interview series

Post by Stavia »

Thx I hear you honey
GenePoole0304
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GenePoole0304 »

are those old folks living up to their human potential?? my guess is no...being alive is not winning... being able to be physically and mentally active and not suffering from the diseases of aging is what I would call living up to ones human potential which will extend your useful health span...
you should enjoy your physical activities and not see it as a chore.. I like to garden for food and for enjoy plants which is time I spend outside working on my plant collection rather than in a gym that I do not regularly go to but I do bike and still get my exercise doing things I enjoy. I do my reading and research on subjects and I follow other hobbies that take a far bit of learning to master and keep up to date on. I also travel in the winter and explore and relax and also hike..and bike...I also have some neat cooking recipes if I have time I'll post based on DrG diet so I also enjoy creating food combinations and eating well....I'm retired now for 15 years and probably more busy than when I was working...

Alz defects as I posted are genetically based and the pathways are being figured out and it is likely CRISPER gene splicing might soon be able to correct some of these problems not too far down the pipe...so with advances coming quicker than they used to we might see it in time. Just doing most of the recommendations and not being compulsive & obsessive about them and even going off a few times is not likely to matter in the big picture. The partner just asked for ice cream with nuts on top but we shared an apple but I relented and got it just like it was requested and not being a meanie spoil sport! everything is going to be alright.... datts me rant..da tant..too..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD3F7J2PeYU
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Thx...may I say Thx for writing what I often find myself thinking! An occasional rant is cathartic, right? And I have to believe many of us go there from time to time.

And Gene...your link just cracked me up...still humming along.
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

Stavia, love you! You are awesome!

GenePoole0304, I appreciate your response and I agree, my parents could certainly be better and that's why I do the things I do. I don't want to end up sedentary, eating crap and taking meds, but I am glad that they are still alive and somewhat well and cognitively still there. I enjoy them! I want to be healthy and strong. I don't see my exercise as a chore. For years, I ran 3 miles a day or did the elliptical machine, but it bothers my hips now, so I do other things, lifting weights, rowing, the Five Tibetans, yoga, etc., also enjoy gardening, not the weeds so much. We have a wind trainer on the bike and I try to do HIIT and for an older women, not too bad! Can hike on our land with the dog, love to cook like you as well and I once recommended that we have a board on this site for recipes and ideas. No, not being compulsive or obsessive in any way, just wondering why some folks are spared and some are not. Normal questions I'm sure. Some who take good care of themselves, and are social beings, spiritual, etc. like the Blue Zones people, and end up with AD while others eat crap, don't exercise, etc. are not affected. I hope one day these questions will be answered.

That is one of my favorite songs. Thank you for the video! You have no idea how much it means to me! Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing will be alright! Great motto! :D

Lucy5, thank you so much. Sometimes I just wonder and it makes me feel good to hear that others are sometimes feeling the same thing. Thank you so much for letting me rant.

By the way, I watched Dr. Bredesen today and he was really the only one who spoke that garnered my attention and respect. Granted some I missed, but his was commanding. He didn't try to sell something or push supplements. We are all familiar with his approach, so not a lot of new info for us, but he just was......different.....informative.......a researcher.....dedicated...intelligent. I enjoy listening to him. Perhaps he gives us hope!
Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nancy »

Thnx, maybe your parents have some kind of protection/protective gene. My parents are in their mid seventies and have had MCI for a decade, and now my mom, and Dad a liitle, have AD. My Dad ate and still eats extremely healthy, Mediterranean and tons of exercise. He is in perfect physical shape, but not cognitively. I am a 3,4 but I don't know what they are as far as apoe. I am 49 and have always felt horrible if I didn't eat right and exercise. And had bad physical consequences. My lipids etc have been consistently just terrible my whole life, since I began testing at 20. So I am trying really hard to stick to this, but it is difficult and I sure do not do it perfectly. Especially with the fasting. You may have a protective gene, too, though, like perhaps your parents do. But since I guess there is no way to find out, it is great that you're being on the safe side and trying to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm sure you feel better physically and mentally from it all, anyway.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nancy »

I should probably mention that my Dad, who lives the healthy lifestyle, is doing much better cognitively than my Mom, even though he is the one who has the family history of AD.
BerniF
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BerniF »

All of the interviews are being replayed this weekend and you can sign up using this link

http://event.awakeningfromalzheimers.co ... b/?f1428=2
ApoE 3/4
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

It's possible that the ganja is helpful as well, for stress and cognition, but only in California, Washington, and Colorado :D
Slacker
E4/E4
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

Hi Nancy and Everyone, Yes, I believe that there has to be something protecting my parents (I hope I have it too!) and I guess that's why I wrote my rant! I appreciate everyone's understanding as I'm sure most have questioned why some and not others? I watched the last episode with Dr. Perlmutter and enjoyed it. Thankfully, gratefully, he gave Dr. Bredesen kudos for his research, findings and results. I guess in regards to these summits is that it is great to get the message out there, but I felt that the ApoE4.Info community has heard of this information and is well informed. I am so glad that I found you and I certainly appreciate everything you do for all of us!

Thx!
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

Aside from the seriousness, I've been meaning to say that I love the new pics of Stavia and Slacker! Too cute!