Brainstorming about our 2017 meet-up!

Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Brainstorming about our 2017 meet-up!

Post by Stavia »

Yup I can do it.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Where are we going? What date?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Yay, Stavia! At this point, it looks like we're talking about piggybacking on this LowCarb conference, August 3-6 in San Diego. The speaker lineup is very impressive and we'd try to bring in a few more speakers that are focused specifically upon nueroprotection, preferably with an E4 twist. They've already negotiated discounted hotel rooms for us, but we could rent a hippie commune instead (a la Berkley ;) ) if we have enough interest. The registration fee is only $299 (vs. $499) if we register by 2/28.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Count me in. Any housing is fine with me.
Starfish
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Yay!!
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Juliegee wrote: They've already negotiated discounted hotel rooms for us, but we could rent a hippie commune instead (a la Berkley ;) ) if we have enough interest.
Did a quick scan of potential "hippie communes." There are a few, but the supply is limited & we'd need to commit to lock one in. Other than look at listings, haven 't done due diligence on past pets in the buildings, for those with pet allergies.
Tincup
E3,E4
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Ty George
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

I'm in...can't wait!
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

GeorgeN wrote
We're attending a LC conference in Breckenridge… There is some speaker overlap between the San Diego Conference & this one. Let us know if we should chat with any that are in Breck.
Here are the speakers that will be at next week’s conference in Breckenridge, that will also be in San Diego:
  • Name ---- Presentation for Breckenridge Low Carb conference
    Dr Peter Ballerstedt – “Ruminant Reality: Diet, Human Health and the Environment”
    Dr Jason Fung – “A New Paradigm of Insulin Resistance” (Dr Fung has not been confirmed for SD per their website)
    Dr Jeff Gerber – “Cholesterol OMG!”
    Nina Teicholz – “The Real Food Politics: Institutional Defense of the Status-Quo” (Nina Teicholz has not been confirmed for SD per their website)
    Dr Eric Westman – “Clinical Experience Using LCHF: Case Examples and Tailoring”
    Dr Nicolai Worm – “Nutrition Therapy of Non-Alcoholic Liver Disease – The Most Convincing Argument for Low-Carb Eating”
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by hill dweller »

I would like a list of LCHF physicians, and those who understand the value of supplements (rather than rolling their eyes) and the potential for epigenetics. Just had a physical yesterday, with a practitioner who won't prescribe estradiol and left me with pre-printed instructions to eat whole grains, avoid fats, lean meats, etc, etc.

This is my third physician in three years. I am ready to pull my hair out.

What really galls me is that I specifically made the appt for HRT -- why on earth would they book me with someone who doesn't Rx HRT? Sorry for the rant. :x

Can we get physicians attending this conference to sign some sort of registry for our use?