Gundry Soda

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Gundry Soda

Post by apod »

I've been meaning to give this a try (particularly in a restaurant setting, where my orders are already kind of wacky compared with the group, haha) -- have any of you tested this recipe out?

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Gundry Soda

Post by TheresaB »

I've been drinking this with my evening meal ever since Dr Gundry first mentioned it to us, which was 2 or 3 consults ago. The "recipe" in the video calls for about twice as much balsamic vinegar than I've been using. I used to drink Diet Coke regularly years ago but once I stopped drinking it, I haven't looked back. I don't crave Diet Coke in the least, but I'm not drinking the "Gundry Soda" for the taste, I'm doing it for the resveratrol, the fact it tastes pretty good is a benefit.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by hill dweller »

I enjoy soda water with a dash of cream (vanilla extract optional). Tastes like a cream soda.

And if you want your chocolate fix, mix cocoa powder with the cream before adding the soda water. It really fizzes up fast, so add your sparkling water S-L-O-W-L-Y to avoid a mess.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I've done it with some grapefruit infused balsamic vinegar that I bought at Amphora Nueva. It's pretty amazing :D.
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

Whoa. A Diet Coke a day is my vice. I've tried cutting back and drinking more coffee and tea, with some success. I'm going to try this. Embarrassed to say that it never occurred to me that it would contain a significant amount of resveratrol. Thanks.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Beware: the soda water and balsamic vinegar may be a "gateway" drink... :lol:
Slacker
E4/E4
tesslo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tesslo »

I drink it everyday S.Pellegrino sparkling water and Pomeian Organic Balsamic vinegar...obsessed with it
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by apod »

I recently tried a variation on this formula with maqui berry powder + erythritol + apple cider vinegar + sparkling mineral water. It packs a turn-your-tongue-black level of polyphenols.
woleile
Contributor
Contributor

Post by woleile »

What a great idea! I've been drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in water before meals, because it's been shown to reduce the postprandial glucose/insulin spike. The taste is...well, you can imagine. Balsamic vinegar has a much mellower flavor--I can't wait to get some Pellegrino and try it.
Woleile
E4/E4
Bredesen type 3 (mold toxicity)
homozygous MTHFR C677T, COMT
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

I added this recipe to our Recipe Wiki in the Beverage section. Does anyone know if the type of organic balsamic vinegar matters? Is there a way to know which brands/types are highest in resveratrol? (Does color matter?)
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach