Nerium

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
ajc
Contributor
Contributor

Nerium

Post by ajc »

Does anyone have comments on Nerium brain health supplement. I am always very suspicious of multilevel marketing.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Nerium

Post by apod »

Looking through the ingredients for their brain stack, I'm not really seeing $80 worth of anti-aging brain-enhancing product (or whatever they're charging?)

It's got vitamin D -- nothing special there (just walk outside or take the vitamin D that's in every other supplement.)

It has... 16 milligrams of Magnesium Citrate (is this a supplement for ants?) It has 10 micrograms of B12 from the cyanide-bound form (I usually take 1,000mcg of bioactive), there's selenium in it -- that's useful and probably a good dosage? There's folic acid (personally, I actively avoid this one), then you're looking at a pinch of Huperazine-A (not a big fan), a pinch of racemic ALA (I usually go with the sodium-bound bio-identical form), and... the magic 35 milligram dose of "EHT." It says this is a patented extract of decaffeinated coffee, but I didn't see the patent online.

On top of this, you're supplementing silica, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, talc, vanillin, macrogol, titanium dioxide, polyvinyl alcohol, microcrystalline cellulose, and dicalcium phosphate. Many of these I actively avoid.

This one looks more interesting to me, as I'm already taking most of these vitamins / minerals in what I consider to better forms. (Lately, I'm liking the MagTech supplement from NaturalStacks, although others have had issues with Mg Threonate.)

Or.. for just $5 bucks -- https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson ... 0-veg-caps (there must be good money to be made in the supplement biz.)
ajc
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Nerium

Post by ajc »

Thanks for your response..I though similarly. Than k s for looking up the payent. Garbage that is pushed by untrained mlm folk. Sorry for sounding harsh.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk