Amy Berger's Book

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Amy Berger's Book

Post by Stavia »

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3278 ... s-antidote

Amy's book was published 2 weeks ago, I had preordered it from Amazon. Arrived last week.
It's very good. A thorough review mainly of the role of ketosis in AD. For a person with no science it will be a bit of a learning curve. But I personally prefer a book with depth. Oversimplification for instance I believe got the Western world into the mess it is health wise (the belief that fat in food goes directly into arteries so eat less... ). In true Amy style it is supported by many papers, and I completely trust her not to misrepresent the body of evidence to support a personal bias. I have found Amy a very honest researcher and enjoyed meeting her at AHS17 last year.
I didn't learn anything new which is actually good because it means we haven't missed anything on our forums.
She doesn't go as deeply into the supplements like Bredesen or Gundry do, which is fine, because she is coming from a prevention perspective rather than treatment of established dementia.
I have given my copy to Jafa to read, maybe she will post her impressions.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Amy Berger's Book

Post by SusanJ »

Thanks for sharing. Will keep it in mind if I'm ever asked for a good background reference.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thanks for your input Stavia!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by hill dweller »

I bought the electronic version over a year ago, and I thought it was the single best one-stop review of AD and dietary intervention. I made my husband read it first, before delving into any research papers or other sources.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thanks for the reviews! I'm ordering today. When we first began examining this evidence years ago, even this was considered controversial. We're very slowly making progress. Amy and I had a long conversation a few weeks ago about how CIRS may be a contributor to the insulin resistance correlated with AD. It's likely more complicated than a direct IR>AD causation. Regardless, IR is low hanging fruit. For those of us at high risk, it should be avoided or remediated- period. Unfortunately, this strategy alone may not be enough to avoid AD.
sylvieJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sylvieJ »

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking to build my book/resource list, as I'm trying to learn as much as possible. If anyone else has any other good books, please advise. Adding this to my list to order soon.
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

In case you haven't seen this yet.....

Post by Thx4thegenes »

Hi All,

Dr. Perlmutter interviews Amy Berger. I'm just watching it now.

http://www.drperlmutter.com/the-empower ... 8a9f2f4f24
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

And here's another interview of Amy Berger. It's on Mike Mutzel's High Intensity Health podcast, episode #181: Amy Berger, MS, CNS- Insulin Resistance In the Brain, Alzheimer’s and Memory Loss.

http://highintensityhealth.com/amy-berg ... mory-loss/
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!