You tube video "Alzheimer's Disease, How I Stopped and Reversed It"

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
raj
Contributor
Contributor

You tube video "Alzheimer's Disease, How I Stopped and Reversed It"

Post by raj »

Hello again this is raj from the Functional Medicine Academy students support team. I was going through this you tube video " Alzheimer's Disease, How I Stopped and Reversed It " posted by an AD survivor giving vivid detail of his personal experience and how he dealt with the condition. He has done a fantastic job in presenting so crisp and clear his story from the start and how he has done very well for himself with a personal system he has developed as he went through it. He has also given an email id at which he along with his son are asking for how his protocol has worked for anyone and the email id is defeatad@gmail.com. AL, is in fact going with a system which by all means fits into the functional medicine methodology with a few significant factors missing, which if incorporated along with the others will eventually give a chance to come off of the " Razadyne" or the like, for those wanting to come off the allopathic drugs prescribed.

thanks and have a nice day
thumperama
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: You tube video "Alzheimer's Disease, How I Stopped and Reversed It"

Post by thumperama »

Can you post a link to the video?
hkc
New User
New User

Post by hkc »

I am interested in watching this video. Do you have a link?
raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj »

Hello Thumperama, HKC....

here's the link for the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZEPvutzi2w
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

hke, have you seen the Primer for the site? It's written by a physician member, and has a great deal of information. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418 . Or, you can reach it by clicking WELCOME, and finding the link in the second paragraph. Do you have any questions about anything? We are so happy to have you on the site.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
Harrison
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Harrison »

This video was discussed on this site a few years ago here: https://www.apoe4.info/forums/viewtopic ... 827#p14827

I believe someone may have contacted them, but I can't remember the nature of the response.
Lav55der
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lav55der »

This is Sue, Functional Medicine Coach Academy Student Coach. I just watched the You tube video. It was very inspiring. I find that no matter what disease or condition we are struggling with, the key to improved health and reversing disease, includes being open minded and learning about how we can change our diet, lifestyle and stress. The hard part is following through and changing our behavior. Sometimes family and friends are not supportive. Loving ourselves so we can do the hard work is vital. I am in my own battle with reversing some chronic conditions and that is what I have found in my personal experience and as a health coach to others.
Harrison
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Harrison »

Harrison wrote:This video was discussed on this site a few years ago here: https://www.apoe4.info/forums/viewtopic ... 827#p14827

I believe someone may have contacted them, but I can't remember the nature of the response.
UPDATE: There is a post on this site https://www.alzconnected.org/discussion ... 2147532101 indicating that subject of the video, Alan Kohn, is still doing okay:
I came across a youtube video of Alan Kohn (Alzheimers) from Florida. The video is from 2012 and he stated he had been on Galantamine for 8-9 years already. I actually found Alan and his wife's phone number and visited with both of them a couple of weeks ago. Alan is still doing pretty well. He still could visit with me and understand the questions I asked and answer them. He did have heart surgery, but, his wife said he is still doing remarkably well. She said he still does all of his pill sorting himself. This is after 14-15 years now at age 88. He still takes only the 16mg dosage (of galantamine).
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

I completely agree with you Sue. Thank you for your words.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

One statement in the video I would question, if I recall it correctly, is that because East Indians have a low rate of Alzheimer's and also eat a lot of turmeric, there is "statistical evidence" that turmeric/curcumin is effective for use in AD. It may be useful but I wouldn't say that epidemiological association provides evidence of it.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.