Finally! LAB RESULTS. Input greatly appreciated

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
mimik67
Contributor
Contributor

Finally! LAB RESULTS. Input greatly appreciated

Post by mimik67 »

Greetings all!
Attached is a PDF file with table that has some recent and 2+ year old results and notes. There are still some gaps and I used two different labs but plan to return to True Health Lab in December. My most recent results are before i started implementing a more rigorous intermittent fasting routine (I now regularly fast 18 hours, v. the 12-14 hours I was doing back in early June). I hope to have some better results in December. I plan to add back fish (I had been avoiding fish due to histamine issues but am looking for lower histamine options and I now tolerate a DAO/histamine support supplement by Umbrellux (I highly recommend this supplement by the way if your whole blood histamine is high or you have obvious histamine intolerance or mast cell issues). I plan to slowly add more olive oil (Due to CIRS and gut issues i am VERY sensitive to supplements and high phenol / salicylate type foods such as EVOO so getting this in may be tricky).

I follow the MIND diet now mostly-more recently but need more seafood. I do not eat beans due to SIBO or dysbiosis. Beans do not agree with me.

I am still eating some lectins and looking into this. I am not planning on giving up my beautiful seasonal heirloom tomatoes or sprouted nuts and nut butter. I do not eat sugar. Nuts are my occasional treat!

I still really do not understand all of the lipid labs, which ones to focus on, and what I should be aiming for, so any help here would be appreciated.

Horomones? How can we do this? per DB: “Optimize fT3, fT4, E2, T, progesterone, pregnenolone, cortisol “ What are best labs for E2, progesterone and pregnenolone?

How to boost CoQ10? As I said I am very sensitive to supplements. Have tried precursor PQQ topically and tolerate this. Is this low value related to malabsorption/gut issues/SIBO/CIRS?

A/G ??

DB says “Optimize Zn:fCu ratio” assuming this is Zinc/copper ratio. I have zinc and copper results but do not know how to determine a ratio.

THANK YOU in advance! (please see attachment-spoiler: cutting down on butter was a game changer!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3,4 but no family history of Altzheimers. However, mother likely had CIRS
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Finally! LAB RESULTS. Input greatly appreciated

Post by Stavia »

Good job Mimi

My comments
1. Firstly, you just divide the copper by the zinc. Give us the numbers and we can work it out for you. One doesn't want the copper to be more than 1.2 times the zinc.
2. Hormones: you have low estradiol in 2015. are you on HRT now? I cannot comment on your other results and I am not familial with the normal ranges for your unit. What Bredesen means is that the hormones should be in a good range, not super low. I cannot coment on yours without the ranges of normal for your country
3. A/G ratio is shorthand for albumin globulin ratio. Globulin is increased in inflammation so the ratio will go up in inflammation. Your CRP is good, I wouldn't worry about it for you
4. you Vitamin D is a bit on the lowish side according to Bredesen. He likes 50-80.
5. your ApoB has dropped so your LDL particle count will have as well. ApoB is another way of measuring particle count. I predict your particle count is now around 1400 ish.
6. Don't worry about your triglycerides. Your fasting insulin is fine. I'm not worried about the slight rise in your HbA1c. The test is not 100% accurate.
mimik67
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mimik67 »

Hi Stavia!!

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! I am not on hormone replacement yet but my goal is to go on soon! My CIRS doc says he will put me on after baseline mammogram and Pap smear test.

The longer fasting completely got rid of my horrid hot flashes (yay!) which in turn has helped my sleep. My restless leg syndrome symptoms (SIBO related in the literature) are gone, and intermittent fasting has helped my digestion, my BMI and my waist line! Fitting my clothes better which has been great. Loving the IF!
mimik67
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mimik67 »

Stavia

Yes, re vitamin D i have a genetic mutation in my Vitamin D receptor genes. A lot of people with chronic illness have this. I am not sure yet what the fix is. I am going to try more sunlight therapy in the morning and speak to my doctor about it. Narrow band UV light box is recommended but expensive and not always effective. Some people i know that are chronically ill have Vit d levels around 10. yes, 10. So i obviously have to work on all my CIRS labs, improve my gut health and overall oxidative stress and see if the d comes up.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Looks good, Mimi! Kudos on the improvements. Stavia has already made some great points.

I have a few questions about your estimated macronutrient ratios. Higher TGs are often correlated with an increase in carbohydrates. Since your HbAc and TGs have eeked up a bit, I just wondered if you may have increased intake since cutting back on SFA. Even substituting a small avocado a day for some of your current carbs could help drop those numbers in the "right" direction, without harming your advanced lipids. :idea: Just an idea.

Like you, I just can't drop occasional tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers (with skin on for the fistetin.) I love them too much. That said, I do think there's something to Dr. Gundry's theory re. lectins so I compromise by popping a few glucosamine chondroitin, which act as lectin blockers, before I splurge. That may be something you might want to consider... but it may aggravate your histamine issues. Trial with caution.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to your next set of labs!
mimik67
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mimik67 »

Hi Julee!

Thank you that is great advice! i will give it a go. I usually have a small carb serving with lunch and dinner (or snack and dinner, as I have worked up to a 18 and even 20 hour fasting window, for now). I think it would be super easy now to drop one of those carb servings as you have suggested, since basically I have lost breakfast (sigh, kinda miss it still, old habits die hard :) Avocado is very high histamine, tho I do adore them. But as long as I take a DAO supplement I think I may be able to add them.

Julie do you have a good glucosamine/chondroitin supp to recommend? I could try it along with my DAO supp. Do you take the supplement WITH food or before it gets there?

Julie do you eat fruit? I only splurge in a few bites a week if I am cutting something seasonal for my girls, or I have a few blueberries.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Wow, I am so proud of you for working up to that very long fast- KUDOS! That is huge and I suspect enormously protective for E4 carriers.
Julie do you have a good glucosamine/chondroitin supp to recommend? I could try it along with my DAO supp. Do you take the supplement WITH food or before it gets there?
I just use the Whole Foods 365 store brand. If you experiment, be careful as fish shells are a main component. It could cause a histamine reaction. It's worth noting that I've never had a problem. I just take two before I splurge on lectins. George would not approve of this cheat method :oops: .
Julie do you eat fruit? I only splurge in a few bites a week if I am cutting something seasonal for my girls, or I have a few blueberries.
Same. I can go weeks with none, but will splurge with organic seasonal blueberries and strawberries- just a few and my last hbA1c was 4.8. Go for it!
Ladyjane
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ladyjane »

If you have Ortho Molecular 50,000 IU D3 available to you and can synthesize the supplement, you may be able to raise your levels. It did the job for me, and I experimented with several different D3's. It is only ONE capsule once a week. I also use Walkabout Emu oil for my K2, which activates MGP to keep vein and arterial walls clear of calcium. Hope this might help you.
mimik67
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mimik67 »

Thank you Ladyjane. I can try. But I have a bit of a Mast Cell presentation too so a lot of supplements bother me. I cant tell you how many supplement bottles mostly full, sit in my cabinet.
mimik67
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mimik67 »

Ladyjane the emu oil/k2/calcium issue is the first i have read about this can you share any articles on the topic? Thank you!