Bredesen's Book is available in BOOKSTORES and online!

GOLDTHREAD
Contributor
Contributor

Bredesen's Book is available in BOOKSTORES and online!

Post by GOLDTHREAD »

So proud of Dr. Dale E. Bredesen, MD. May his book "The End of Alzheimer's - The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline" change the future of everyone facing memory loss and all those who love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bredesen's Book is available in BOOKSTORES and online!

Post by TheBrain »

I've ordered my copy, and it's on its way!
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nancy »

Yay! Thank you for letting us know!!
Gratefuldawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gratefuldawg »

Have not been able to put it down! Exactly what I needed right now. Some amazing "local" heroes are highlighted in the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
swampf0etus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by swampf0etus »

I would exercise caution if following Bredesen's advice. He's been called out as a quack and had his work retracted. Here's some articles on him and the MEND protocol;

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2016/ ... -steroids/

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2016/ ... revisited/

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/mend-p ... s-disease/

http://retractionwatch.com/2013/10/31/h ... stigation/

Seeing Perlmutter's name as an endorsement of a book should always set alarm bells ringing, as he also known for his terrible quackery.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Swamp, dude, you're at it again with the "quack" label. Stop. Now.

And BTW, Bredesen is no longer associated with Muses Lab or MEND. So, where does that leave us with your concerns that the approach won't hold under scrutiny? We will no doubt understand more about his approach as data from the results of his partnership with the Cleveland Clinic study come out.

In the meantime, please focus on the specifics where research suggests the approach or parts of it won't work. Now that would be more interesting and useful compared to name calling.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

swampf0etus wrote:I would exercise caution if following Bredesen's advice. He's been called out as a quack
SusanJ wrote:Swamp, dude, you're at it again with the "quack" label. Stop. Now.
I second Susan’s recommendation. More than once you have been quick to criticize but don’t offer constructive advice.

I assume you have at least one ApoE4 allele, although to my knowledge you’ve not disclosed your status. Do you have a protocol that you follow and is producing positive results? If so, please share and discuss, but these “hit and run” bashing tactics are simply not beneficial.

Dr Bredesen is not mainstream and non-mainstream physicians often receive criticism, so you are not telling us anything we don’t already know. But advances in medicine are never made by following the mainstream. We have our own criticism of "non-quack" mainstream medical advice with regard to Alzheimer's, WE DON'T LIKE IT, it offers little to nothing for options. Today's lifestyle and medical treatment is resulting increasing numbers of Alzheimer's patients and we don't want to be included in the statistics.

So we follow this website in a personal quest to intervene and stop this vicious fate. That means sharing relevant information, data, studies, N=1 experiences, etc. which often doesn’t align with mainstream advice. We’re okay with that. The key is to sift out the good recommendations from the bad, which is why we prefer constructive posts.

As far as I can remember, yours is the first time anyone has ever posed anything negative about Dr Bredesen in these forums. We have been sharing his findings for years now, all his recommendations are heavily researched and discussed. He has helped many either indirectly or directly.
Last edited by TheresaB on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Tincup wrote:
swampf0etus wrote:I would exercise caution if following Bredesen's advice. He's been called out as a quack and had his work retracted.

All I can say is it works for me.
Tincup
E3,E4
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

TheresaB wrote:Dr Bredesen is not mainstream and non-mainstream physicians often receive criticism, so you are not telling us anything we don’t already know. But advances in medicine are never made by following the mainstream. We have our own criticism of "non-quack" mainstream medical advice with regard to Alzheimer's, WE DON'T LIKE IT, it offers little to nothing for options. Today's lifestyle and medical treatment is resulting increasing numbers of Alzheimer's patients and we don't want to be included in the statistics.
^^^ THIS ^^^

The fact is swamp, this protocol and Dr. Gundry's DO WORK, and work extremely well for many of us, where mainstream medical science and practitioners have failed us MISERABLY. I can testify to my own experience, it's here in the forum for all to see. We would all be interested in your path to enlightenment, with evidence and test numbers to validate YOUR protocol, but you apparently are just re-burping studies and articles that align with your negative opinion of these wonderful doctors.

Many of us here had no where to turn, and yet here we are healthier, smarter, learning each and every day as we travel this journey of discovery and hopefully cures. We wish you could join us and contribute, if not I suspect you won't be posting here very much longer.

RU
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by buck3Maureen »

Watch for this kind of review to Dr. B's book. As more reviews are made you will be able to tell who has and who has not actually read the book.