One more reason to reduce your red meat consumption

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Gina99
Contributor
Contributor

One more reason to reduce your red meat consumption

Post by Gina99 »

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsi ... 14-release

I dont mind saying this recall scares me to death. The CJD if you saw the videos on the CJD it is like a speeding Alzheimers. I read these articles and can barely look at hamburger anymore.
ApropoE4
Contributor
Contributor

Re: One more reason to reduce your red meat consumption

Post by ApropoE4 »

Given the total number of mad cow cases in the world, that seems like a highly irrational response.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I hear you, Apropo E4...especially given the undeniable health benefits of CLA. BUT, I have to say it gives me pause especially when reading about AD's prion-like symptomology.

I eat red meat a few times a month, but will only eat grass-fed lamb from New Zealand or Australia or trek 100 mile (round-trip) to my co-op where the farmers guarantee their animals are exclusively grass-fed. Sad to have to go to such extremes :?
Gina99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gina99 »

AP, i am aware of the number of "reported" cases. Just sitting here with my irrational self wondering how many unreported pounds of potentially infected meat that slip by the logs due to greed and wondering how many people eat tainted meat but somehow have the genetic makeup and or immune system and are affected mldly or never at all? Is that possible? More reading for me.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

It is possible for tainted meat to slip thru due to they only inspect a small amount. That is why you see E. coli and salmonella and listeria cases In meat, poultry and vegetables, etc. The mad cow or prion disease does not show up in Human populations as fast as these other contaminants. There can be genetic protections for these, however the population that would be immune would be small. There are people that are immune to HIV infections DDR delta 33 mutation. Nori virus immune, low cholesterol genes where LDL is about 20, AD protective gene mutation in Icelandic populations, etc,etc.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Delta DDR 32.
Whether there are any mutations and where they are located is not the issue as tainted meat and other foods problems will not be fixed by the genetic manipulation of human DNA for a very long time, if ever. The content of one's character along with the trust but verify program is the only method available at this time. Unfortunately the person verifying character can be corrupted by the corrupted in some instances and in others the US Congress can cut funds for inspections of the food supply allowing the mice to play at the cost of human health and lives. But either way the contaminate is usually caught in the end and the crime and criminals are determined. I have never seen where they report on the news that the food was accidentally contaminated and they had no way of knowing or suspecting the problem and are so sorry for the problem
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

I don't recall anyone using it was an act of God defense when there is food contamination seen in human populations.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Fruit and vegetable contamination can occur in the field by wild animal wastes deposited on the product or human harvestor contamination. I warn you I have seen them pick and ship strawberries and there are no running water with soap in the field facilities, nor clean police to catch your contaminator during or after the crime was committed. Your only line of defense is to wash your vegetables and fruits or better still to only it properly washed and cooked, this will also help in
Meat contamination as long as it does not occur after by leaving food out of refrigeration after washing and cooking or running food thru contaminated packaging machines. Won't you please join in the fight against virus and bacteria and other food contamination in the human food supply by sending a check to stop it now
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

The thing is is that wild animals can eat the foulest most damned contaminated in food there is and survive. Why is that? Because they did not learn how to build and use fire in food preparation, nor cold food storage facilities. One crockidile or hyena or some other meals would kill a human dead. Even the remotest humans have been using fire, so if we ever had the ability to eat fouled food, it has been mostly if not entirely bred out of the human population thru genetic modification.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Stranger still is that mice,rats, snakes. cockroaches, etc can and do live and dine in human sewers and survive and thrive on what would kill humans. Stranger still is that there is so much for them to eat that it is like an all you can eat buffet for them. Weirder still is have you ever seen an obese snake, cockroach or rat? Bet you have never seen an obese bacteria or virus either? But do they exist lurking somewhere in the shadows? Only the Shadow knows.