For those who missed our San Diego Meet-up…

Julie G
Mod
Mod

For those who missed our San Diego Meet-up…

Post by Julie G »

Here are links to our group's evening talks: Dave Feldman/Cholesterol Code, Drs. May Kay Ross & Dale Bredesen/CIRS, Dr. Georgia Ede/Diagnosis Diet, Dr. Ann Hathaway/HRT & Cognition. (I can most likely get Power Point slides if anyone is interested.) Standby for our lunch talk with Ivor Cummins & Dr. Jeff Gerber which is being edited. Apologies in advance for less than perfect audio and video quality. We tried our best, but had a few glitches… #Better than last year ;) Huge thanks to Doug Reynolds and Pam Devine at LowCarb USA for helping us make our meet-up possible.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: For those who missed our San Diego Meet-up…

Post by circular »

Thanks so much for doing this!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

You can see our lunchtime chat with Ivor Cummins and Dr. Jeff Gerber here. Huge thanks to George for setting up this event and Theresa for editing.
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

These will be great to review. Thanks for making it possible. The meet-up was so fun and great to connect with my APOE4 family. Look forward to all of us moving forward with current research in our N=1 experiments, sharing the knowledge and improving our health.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
Ladyjane
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ladyjane »

What a treasure trove of info from Dr. Hathaway! Thank you so much. Forwarding this video to my practitioner who just prescribed transdermal estradiol patches, oral micronized progesterone, and testosterone cream for me. How can I view the power point slides? Would be most helpful. Does Hathaway recommend a particular trustworthy Canadian pharmacy? Again, thanks so very much.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I was wondering about the pharmacy too.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Ladyjane, I've requested Dr. Hathaway's slides and she's agreed to share them with us... but I haven't gotten them yet. I will nudge her again. In the meantime, here's an excellent PowerPoint that she recently presented at one of Dr. Bredesen's physician trainings. She uses many of the same slides.

Re. a compounded testosterone cream, why not just use Testim for men? That's what my gyn has prescribed for me. I use a drop every other day on my forearm. Much cheaper and easier than using a compounded cream...
Ladyjane
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ladyjane »

When you nudge Dr. Hathaway about the PowerPoint slides, please ask about her preferred Canadian pharmacy. I will investigate the Testim. The compounded testosterone formula was prescribed by my practitioner. I am jazzed about using my oral micronized progesterone vaginally as I was initially not keen on using it orally because it would need synthesized through the liver first. I am taking 225 mg, and I am wondering if that dosage would be the same vaginally as well as orally?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Ladyjane, seems like a very high dose? I did ask about the pharmacy. I'll share any response I get. See slides below:
Apoe 4 group Bioidentical Hormones and Cognition 8 5 17.pptx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote: Re. a compounded testosterone cream, why not just use Testim for men? That's what my gyn has prescribed for me. I use a drop every other day on my forearm. Much cheaper and easier than using a compounded cream...
Julie do you know what dose of Testim you're prescribed to end up with the 1 drop every other day formula? Could just use a starting place. What does it cost for how many applications? TIA!