Resources on how to Keto-Adapt

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
eap1992
Contributor
Contributor

Resources on how to Keto-Adapt

Post by eap1992 »

Hi all,

I recently finished Dr. Bredesen's book and loved it. I've been trying to search through posts on how to keto-adapt but haven't had a lot of luck (I saw Tincup post about easing into ketosis vs not as well as using electrolytes to avoid keto flu). Was hoping to have step by step instructions on how to go about doing it (been trying to skip breakfasts on the weekdays, which hasn't been too hard for me, as well as eating more healthy fats with less carbs, but not being strict about measuring ketones at the moment) or a good resource (book or otherwise) that gives step by step instructions.

Other questions:
-Is it essential to add in electrolytes, or only if you're not easing in gradually? At what point do you stop taking the electrolytes? What does becoming keto-adapted gradually look like? Is it essential to use cronometer while keto-adapting?

Any other tips are appreciated.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Resources on how to Keto-Adapt

Post by Stavia »

Volek and Phinney - the best book from the masters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
eap1992
Contributor
Contributor

Post by eap1992 »

Thanks Stavia! I bought it and tried to find a specific section on it.... but didn't seem to find one. Seems like it's more mentioned throughout the book.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Another excellent resource is:
dietdoctor.com