Need Definitive Answer re Fasting/Coffee w/cream

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Need Definitive Answer re Fasting/Coffee w/cream

Post by TheresaB »

maddanwill wrote:.does 2 T of 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee break my fast?
Technically, yes. But there's no fasting police. What are you trying to accomplish? If a little fat in your coffee gets you over the hump and helps you keep your fast, well then do it! If a little deviation helps you achieve a greater good, then do it. It might help you overcome the obstacle next time.

One take-away from the book, "The Complete Guide to Fasting", by Jimmy Moore and Jason Fung, there are no hard and fast rules about fasting, especially if you're just doing it for good measure and not for a specific health concern (like addressing cancer) or if following specific religious strictures.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Sandy57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Sandy57 »

Circ your are a super smart girl, proud to call you my sis. Exactly, loin cloth and divine intervention is the only true way to know.

Ok sis now you have to answer my questions about your lab tests from the post about your MRI. Hopefully I can help with some with these. If you truly have mold and want to get to VIP; it will take a major commitment, which I know you can do.

Julie is correct. True fast means don't eat. However, does autophagy stop if you have a tablespoon of cream.....my guess, no. But just my opinion. If you are not sure, skip the cream. I would do the test/ challenge I mentioned above and see if your glucose or ketones change at all. Mine do not change with up to about 60 calories of fat or protein. With carbs maybe 25 -30 calories max, and then my glucose will rise slowly. As Gundry says you have to see what you can get away with.

Frank
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Sandy57 wrote:Ok sis now you have to answer my questions about your lab tests from the post about your MRI. Hopefully I can help with some with these. If you truly have mold and want to get to VIP; it will take a major commitment, which I know you can do.
Yo Bro, sorry for my delay. I've been traveling and just haven't had time to focus on the CIRS stuff. I have more to pull together, review, and get grounded about. It's a confusing picture that is clearly heavy on the MARCoNS and viral infections side, but I think (?!) not as mold related, but I'm not entirely sure, and I'm not sure anyone could be given my labs. Commitment to my own needs is my short suit these days due to competing demands but I'm working on it. Next up according to my CIRS doc is my fourth round of nasal antibiotics to start this week, since as you know I have to rid the MARCoNS before getting the VIP spray. I'll post the labs when I can back on the CIRS thread and see what you think.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Sandy57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Sandy57 »

Circ no worries, I will post a few suggestions tomorrow. Do you have animals that sleep in the bed with you?

Braddah Frank
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Nope, but I'd read that animals are good for one's biome, so I'm all over my family's and friends' animals to get my inoculations :shock:
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.