Welcome!!!

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Welcome!!!

Post by slacker »

Ksusiedal wrote:Hi, Julie,
Here's a goofy question for you: how do I put my picture by my name, using an Apple computer? I looked at Profile, but couldn't see how to do it. I haven't quite mastered these newfangled computers yet!! Thanking you in advance.
I'm not Julie, but perhaps can help anyway.
In the upper right hand corner of the screen, you'll see your "handle" (Ksusiedal). Select this.
Select "Profile" and then "Edit Avatar". You will see the criteria for a picture pdf of 90 by 90 pixels. You can browse and select a picture of your choice stored on your computer.

Good luck with the technology hurdles!
Slacker
E4/E4
Ksusiedal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ksusiedal »

Hi, Slacker,
Thanks for the help. I went to edit avatar and tried to upload a photo, but a message said that the pixels were too big (480 vs 90). Hmmm, is there a way to make a regular photo smaller?
Thanks again! :|
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Welcome!!!

Post by Stavia »

Ksusiedal wrote:Hi, Slacker,
Thanks for the help. I went to edit avatar and tried to upload a photo, but a message said that the pixels were too big (480 vs 90). Hmmm, is there a way to make a regular photo smaller?
Thanks again! :|
there are lots of free conversion programmes on the internet. Google "convert image to avatar" or "resize image" and you'll be able to resize it.
Welcome :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ksusiedal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ksusiedal »

Hey, Stavia, I think it might have worked. Thanks so much for the help. :P
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

excellent :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
cutbankid
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cutbankid »

My wife is 81, diagnosed with ALZ (MRI) while recovering from spinal surgery at a rehab hospital, 4 years ago. She uses a walker to get around and it's difficult for her to walk very far. She sleeps for most of the morning. She mostly toilets herself, but does need help. After reading Bredesen, I got most of the vitamins and supplements. Today's the first day she took most of them. I ordered DNA kits, but can't get her to spit. Also the ketone kit. We're phasing out our sugar, dairy, etc. I have someone from an agency come in for 3 or 4 hours in the afternoon on weekdays. I'll continue to work on getting saliva. We live in Long Beach, CA.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Cutbankid, welcome. Good for you for phasing out the sugar and dairy etc. and starting your wife on the vitamins and supplements. You certainly are doing a good job of getting your wife on the road to better health. I've been following a number of Dr. Bredesen's recommendations and have seen an improvement in my health. I'm glad you are with us.
Starfish
raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj »

cutbankid wrote:My wife is 81, diagnosed with ALZ (MRI) while recovering from spinal surgery at a rehab hospital, 4 years ago. She uses a walker to get around and it's difficult for her to walk very far. She sleeps for most of the morning. She mostly toilets herself, but does need help. After reading Bredesen, I got most of the vitamins and supplements. Today's the first day she took most of them. I ordered DNA kits, but can't get her to spit. Also the ketone kit. We're phasing out our sugar, dairy, etc. I have someone from an agency come in for 3 or 4 hours in the afternoon on weekdays. I'll continue to work on getting saliva. We live in Long Beach, CA.
good morning cutbankid.

welcome to the forum. You are doing a great job in taking care of your wife and did fantastic getting here right after finishing Dr Bredesen's book. You have already started going in the right direction by getting the vitamins and supplements and it is great that she has already started taking them. I would like to invite you to the primer of this site at the link below,

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

written by Dr Stavia one of the senior most member of the forum which has a lot of basic information and if you have any questions along the way as you go through the primer or any other just post them on the forum and the answers will be coming your way from all directions.

welcome again on behalf of all at this forum.

have a nice day

raj
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

cutbankid, you didn't mention if you've had any basic blood tests done. The primer has some basic ones that are very worthwhile to invest in, because they will give you an idea of where to focus, such as improving insulin resistance or reducing homocysteine. You might find that you don't necessarily need all the vitamins and supplements listed in the book.

If you need help interpreting labs, do come back and post with your questions.
cutbankid
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cutbankid »

I hope this is a reply to one about getting blood tests.

My wife has ALZ and still doesn't like (believe) whole idea. The last time she had a doctor's appointment, she wouldn't go and she refused to get the last blood sample she was supposed to get. But I'll bring it up again. Would an ordinary blood test be useful?