An opportunity to work with a health coach

Julie G
Mod
Mod

An opportunity to work with a health coach

Post by Julie G »

***Dear members;

We have a new protocol in place for connecting with health coaches. Please go to this new thread to learn more and for further conversation. This thread will be closed for further posts.

*** 7/19/2018

You may have noticed a lot of helpful, friendly, new Support Team members popping up over the past week or so. These lovely folks are interns from the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy helping us out while fulfilling practicum requirements for their academic program. Does this mean that we’re now aligned with The Institute for Functional Medicine? Not at all. While some of our members find it helpful to work with functional practitioners to address complex health issues that can contribute to cognitive decline; as always, we remain open to any and all approaches that may prove helpful per our Community Guidelines.

These interns are highly qualified to be offering support to our members. Many already have a background in the health community or other related fields. All have completed the requirements for their FMCA coaching certifications with the exception of their practicum which they are doing with us. Some have even attended Dr. Bredesen's training or other specialized training with a focus on optimizing cognition. They all have a special connection to our community, revealed in their introductions, which you can read in this thread. In total, we have ten interns: sylvieJ, Floramaria, JML, Jan, Sara, CarrieS, fmcaapprenticeraj, jolicoeuer, ajackson, and Magda. We’re currently in the midst of hammering out a new schedule for them which I’ll post as soon as it’s available.

In addition to supporting our members on the site, these interns can also offer one-on-one personalized coaching through the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy Clinic. Like me, you may be wondering what exactly is health coaching? You can read some basic FAQs here. I was particularly concerned that they may have some pre-conceived diet or other agenda that they would be pushing. I appreciated learning that they want to support MY goals and MY physician’s recommendations for me. Yes, please :D. I struggle with implementing multiple aspect of my protocol and plan to take advantage of a session. The first 45 minute session is free of charge. Additional sessions are quite inexpensive (less than $5.50 for 30 mins.) depending on what package you choose. Feel free to ask any questions you may have surrounding this service in this thread. You can sign up with a coach of your choice here.

Once again, we warmly welcome all of our new FMCA interns. Our traditional all volunteer staff are very busy, juggling multiple responsibilities which often include caretaking family members with cognitive decline, while trying to preserve their own health. We greatly appreciate the fresh energy and perspectives from our interns. Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: An opportunity to work with a health coach

Post by Julie G »

Our current batch of FMCA interns are slated to finish up their practicums by the end of this calendar year. I'm bumping this thread as a reminder of this health coaching opportunity. Time is running out in which to get a full ten sessions with one of our current interns. Info can be found below.
FMCA FLYER 8589741465923595341.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lulu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lulu »

Thank you so much for posting this, I think I need some extra help with all of this. Doing pretty well lately except for the sleep issues and the hormonal transition of perimenopause / menopause. I'm seeing Dr. Pam Smith (from the Awakening series) on Monday (mentioned on a previous post), really hoping she can help me, but feel like the additional coaching would be worth it. Especially since the cost is so low!

Thanks again!
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Hi Lulu

Thank you for your interest in coaching! It would be a pleasure to work with you regarding your sleep and other related issues along your way! To get started, please go to the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy at

http://coachingcenter.functionalmedicin ... ng-center/

Once there, scroll down towards the bottom of the screen and click on the box that says work with a Student Health Coach. A brief application will appear which you need to complete. One of the questions asks if there is a Student Health Coach that you would prefer to work with. My name is Sara Capece or if there is another intern you are working with already please go ahead and enter their name. Within a few days someone from the center will reach out to you. There will be a few forms for you to fill out such as an authorization and informed consent.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns during or about this process!

Kindest Regard,
Sara
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Lulu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lulu »

Awesome, Sara, I will take care of this today!

Thank you!
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Great... and you are very welcome! Let me know if you have any questions or problems with the registration process. Kind Regard, Sara
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Our first group of FMCA interns’ practicum is drawing to a close! It has been an absolute honor and delight to have each of you join our community. We've learned so much together navigating this pioneering partnership. No doubt, the next batch of interns will benefit from our experiences. It was such a pleasure to watch each of you professionally develop. You have been a tremendous asset to our organization as our ranks have rapidly grown. Please know how grateful we are to each of you for all of your hard work. Thank you for serving us and letting us get to know you. Each of you is welcome to stay on as members and/or support team members if you’d like. (I know a few of you have already committed.) Lot of love, good health, and success in your future careers. Pop in once in a while and let us know where you land. You’ll always have a home with us. -xo

I’m very happy to announce that we’ve decided to continue our partnership with FMCA. Stavia and I are busy training our next batch of interns, who’ll be joining and learning throughout January and will be fully indoctrinated by February 1st. :D
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

+1. Kudos to all of the interns for taking a leap of faith with us, and ultimately we have all benefited from your work!
jolicoeur
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jolicoeur »

Thank you so much for these kind words!!!! You've been the best of the best! I personally learned a lot from you dear moderators, support team and as well from all the members! Love you all :)) Wish you all the best to each of you!!!!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
FMCA /Bredesen's ReCODE for coaches
AFMCP (IFM November 2017)
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

It was an honor to be a part of this educational journey. I have learnt so much for Julie, Stavia, all moderators, lovely members. It is hard to believe that six months has already past. I am planning on continuing my education in an area of brain health/ reversing cognitive decline/functional nutrition/ functional medicine. I will definitely stick around, checking the site- endless wealth of information, on regular basis. Thank you all! Happy New Year! Hugs.
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline