How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
chrissyr
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Post by chrissyr »

Aryn wrote:
chrissyr wrote:I had also been on that list to be called, however never was called and found the doctor myself who had attended a training. so it doesn't hurt to keep looking, there may be somebody there!
How did you find a doctor? I've searched online and haven't found anyone in San Antonio.
I now have signed up for recode, but found the doctor randomly first. A search found 2 doctors who are MPI cognition certified:
Donna Becker D.O.
Medical Doctor
(210) 545-522
Enhancement of Life Center
14603 Huebner Road, STE. 2601
San Antonio, Texas 78230
www.antiagingsa.com

Derek Guillory, MD
Medical Doctor
(210) 468-3042
Root Causes Medicine
503 Avenue A, Suite 1118
San Antonio, Texas 78215
rootcauses.com
chrissyr
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by chrissyr »

I also think as others said that this is a case of overwhelm since the book was published, and a work in progress. I did note that in my area, one month ago 2 practitioners were listed within 50 miles and now there are 7.... so that is encouraging. My doctor was willing to do his best to do the labs etc. but I felt that it was difficult to prioritize and get what Dr. Bredesen's actual protocol would be based on my profile .(I don't want to miss any large holes in the roof/ or go down an unnecessary expensive path to patch a non-existent one!). So I committed to the year and have gotten one report, but based on limited testing/have lots more to do. It categorized me as type 1.5 (this may change when they get more data) and gave some basic recommendations. I'm hoping to get much more as time goes on.

After reading the book, finding out my apoe status, and finding this website, I am doing the 16+ hour fast, probably 70% fats (olive oil and avocado mainly), lots of vegs, low carb, gluten free. I do still have some dairy, organic soy, fatty fish, nuts, legumes, occasional chiicken. I have added fish oil, and increased vitamin d and B12 supplementation. I use "luna" with melatonin and herbs to help with sleep. My next path will be to hopefully go on bioidentical HRT (5 years+ post menopause), and do some testing through Quicksilver on mercury to decide if I need to think about amalgam removal. (bleh)

So I am a work in progress too! And feeling pretty good :D

Good luck to everyone on this journey. It's nice to know that we are doing what we can, and also reaping the positive benefits of being healthier and full of hope in the here and now.
Aryn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aryn »

chrissyr wrote:
Aryn wrote:
chrissyr wrote:I had also been on that list to be called, however never was called and found the doctor myself who had attended a training. so it doesn't hurt to keep looking, there may be somebody there!
How did you find a doctor? I've searched online and haven't found anyone in San Antonio.
I now have signed up for recode, but found the doctor randomly first. A search found 2 doctors who are MPI cognition certified:
Donna Becker D.O.
Medical Doctor
(210) 545-522
San Antonio, Texas 78230
http://www.antiagingsa.com

Derek Guillory, MD
Medical Doctor
(210) 468-3042
Root Causes Medicine
503 Avenue A, Suite 1118
San Antonio, Texas 78215
rootcauses.com
THANK YOU, thank you, thank you, Chrissyr!!! Words cannot convey my gratitude! I did not use "MPI Cognition" when searching. One of the doctors is just 10 miles away from my mother! Now, I'm just waiting for Monday morning to make my call!
Aryn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aryn »

chrissyr wrote:I also think as others said that this is a case of overwhelm since the book was published, and a work in progress. I did note that in my area, one month ago 2 practitioners were listed within 50 miles and now there are 7.... so that is encouraging. My doctor was willing to do his best to do the labs etc. but I felt that it was difficult to prioritize and get what Dr. Bredesen's actual protocol would be based on my profile .(I don't want to miss any large holes in the roof/ or go down an unnecessary expensive path to patch a non-existent one!). So I committed to the year and have gotten one report, but based on limited testing/have lots more to do. It categorized me as type 1.5 (this may change when they get more data) and gave some basic recommendations. I'm hoping to get much more as time goes on.

After reading the book, finding out my apoe status, and finding this website, I am doing the 16+ hour fast, probably 70% fats (olive oil and avocado mainly), lots of vegs, low carb, gluten free. I do still have some dairy, organic soy, fatty fish, nuts, legumes, occasional chiicken. I have added fish oil, and increased vitamin d and B12 supplementation. I use "luna" with melatonin and herbs to help with sleep. My next path will be to hopefully go on bioidentical HRT (5 years+ post menopause), and do some testing through Quicksilver on mercury to decide if I need to think about amalgam removal. (bleh)

So I am a work in progress too! And feeling pretty good :D

Good luck to everyone on this journey. It's nice to know that we are doing what we can, and also reaping the positive benefits of being healthier and full of hope in the here and now.
Thank you for sharing what you're doing with the protocol!
rat8the8rat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rat8the8rat »

So I received an e-mail from Melissa with Dr. Bredesen and their ReCode website is live and you can join, and she let me know how many ReCODE trained practitioners there were in my area ahead of time (Dallas-Fort Worth, TX). See below the e-mail (in case you haven't received it) and it has website links (I hope those will come through in this post) on how to find a local practitioner in your area and how to get on ReCODE. It's $75 per month to join, and requires a 1 year commitment. And, of course my contractual job just ended on October 1, so I'm unemployed right now. .. so I likely won't join until I have a new job and feel I can financially afford to spend an extra $900 per year on it. Has anyone joined it and/or can you tell us if you feel like it's worth the cost? Thanks, Kat

Dear Kathy,

PLEASE NOTE: our new web address is www.drbredesen.com and email info@drbredesen.com.

We currently have 4 practitioners in Houston, 1 in Tyler, 1 in Marble Falls, 2 in San Antonio, 1 in College Station, 2 in Austin, 1 in Paris, and 4 in the Dallas/Ft Worth, TX areas.

Dr. Dale Bredesen’s company, MPI Cognition, has created a software program called “ReCODE Report™”, to enable practitioners trained in The Bredesen Protocol™ to treat their patients while staying up to date with the latest advances in his science. Please watch this video of Dr. Bredesen explaining the importance of a ReCODE Report™ account by clicking here. Dr. Bredesen does not see patients directly.

To find an MPI Cognition Certified practitioner in The Bredesen Protocol™ nearest you, please sign up for a ReCODE Report™ account. For a visual tutorial on how to sign up for your ReCODE Report™ account, please watch the Patient ReCODE Report™ Tutorial Video by clicking here.

How to sign up for a patient ReCODE Report™ account and start The Bredesen Protocol™:

1) Please watch the Patient ReCODE Report™ Tutorial Video in full. We now ask for first and last name, to help identity you to your selected practitioners. Only your selected practitioners, MPI Cognition and you - have access to this information. In addition to best secure software practices, all MPI Cognition information is HIPPA compliant.

2) Visit https://www.recodereport.com/patients/sign_up, enter your first name, last name and email address, then click “Create Account”.

3) Please check your email inbox for an email from info@recodereport.com. Open this email to confirm your account and create a password. If you do not see this email, please check your junk/spam folder.

4) Once logged into your Patient Account, you will be prompted to pay the first $75 USD /monthly fee of a one year commitment.

5) Once you are logged into your “active” patient ReCODE Report™ account, click “Providers” and search for the nearest practitioner to you. If you would like to know how far away the nearest practitioners are before signing up – please call or email us and we can let you know (please expect a response within three business days, due to the high volume of inquiry)

6) Before clicking “Select Provider”, please call to make an appointment with the provider first and discuss their fees. As, health insurance only covers about 7 minutes of a physician’s time and your new practitioner will need approximately two hours for your first appointment. Each practitioner has a different set of fees.

7) After you have scheduled your appointment, please click “Select Provider” to give your new practitioner access to medical information support with Dr. Bredesen and MPI Cognition’s CMO Dr. Ross, and the ability to generate ReCODE Reports™ for you.

8) We recommend reading through the Nutritional Guidelines. Please check with your physician before changing your diet, especially if you are on any medications.

9) For your complimentary Brain HQ account to activate, MPI Cognition will need a first and last name for your Brain HQ account. You may email this to techsupport@drbredesen.com, call us, or you can add your first and last name in your patient ReCODE Report™ account by clicking “My Account”, then edit, add the first and last name and click save. Please allow 1-2 business days after MPI Cognition receives the first and last name for you Brain HQ account to activate - you will receive an email from MPI Cognition on how to set up your Complimentary Brain HQ account. If you already have an active Brain HQ account, please allow five business days for the switch.

10) If you prefer to not enter your legal first and last name to your patient ReCODE Report™ account, please make sure to let the practitioner you have selected know the email address for your ReCODE Report™ account.

11) Call or email us with any and all questions! (800) 450-0805; info@drbredesen.com (Please expect a response within three business days, due to the high volume of inquiry.)

What comes with your patient ReCODE Report™ account:
Map of trained practitioners globally
Unlimited ReCODE Reports™
Complimentary Brain HQ account
Nutritional Guidelines for The Bredesen Protocol™
Live “Town Hall” meetings with Dr. Bredesen every month (starting in mid-October)
Exclusive Videos to help support patients on their journey to optimize brain health
Highest quality supplements at reasonable prices - delivered to you

Coming soon features and support-content for patient ReCODE Report™ account:
Dr. Dale Bredesen’s Blog
The Bredesen Protocol™ Patient Community Support Site
Exercise Tips
Meditation Tips
Sleep Hygiene
Several up to date Health topics

Thank you for contacting MPI Cognition.

Very Best, Melissa

**Dr. Bredesen’s book The End of Alzheimer’s: The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline is now available!

**Announcing, our newly appointed CMO of MPI Cognition, Dr. Mary Kay Ross, who works with Dr. Dale Bredesen on a daily basis, is now accepting patients at her Los Angeles, CA (310) 254-9089 and Savannah, GA (912) 352-1234 clinics.

Melissa Manning
MPI Cognition Coordinator
(800) 450-0805
www.drbredesen.com
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Aryn, I am so glad you can now place your call on Monday. As others have noted, it's likely a case of overwhelm from urgent need. (I am hopeful that Dr Bredesen and his staff will get this issue worked out. I know that they want to.) We'll look forward to hearing about your mom's journey, and send her our best wishes and thoughts.

We also would like to support you in your interest in becoming a health coach. Reach out to any of the Interns on the site if you would like additional information.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
rat8the8rat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rat8the8rat »

Thanks Chrissyr - I just received my e-mail about joining ReCODE a few days ago, but of course I'm now unemployed as of October 1, so I will wait to join and pay $900 per year until I know I have a more stable financial setting. Melissa with Dr. Bredesen's office said they had four doctors trained in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Do you know how I would go about finding them? Before joining ReCODE did you just Google "MPI Cognition trained physician Texas" or something along those lines? Thanks, Kat
chrissyr wrote:
Aryn wrote:
Donna Becker D.O.
Medical Doctor
(210) 545-522
San Antonio, Texas 78230
http://www.antiagingsa.com

Derek Guillory, MD
Medical Doctor
(210) 468-3042
Root Causes Medicine
503 Avenue A, Suite 1118
San Antonio, Texas 78215
rootcauses.com
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

rat8the8rat wrote:So I received an e-mail from Melissa with Dr. Bredesen and their ReCode website is live and you can join, and she let me know how many ReCODE trained practitioners there were in my area ahead of time (Dallas-Fort Worth, TX). See below the e-mail (in case you haven't received it) and it has website links (I hope those will come through in this post) on how to find a local practitioner in your area and how to get on ReCODE.

Melissa Manning
MPI Cognition Coordinator
(800) 450-0805
http://www.drbredesen.com

Wow, things move fast on this site. Thank you for posting, Kathy!
mrc cfnc fmchc
E2/E2
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

chrissyr, thank you so much for your generous posts, especially for the help you were able to offer Aryn. You just joined last month, and are already deep into the spirit of the site. :-)
mrc cfnc fmchc
E2/E2
chrissyr
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by chrissyr »

you're more than welcome aryn! and thank you Jan! I have received so much help from others on this site!