Stavia's report on our meetup in San Diego 2017

jolicoeur
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Stavia's report on our meetup in San Diego 2017

Post by jolicoeur »

What an event!!!!! And thanksssss for this information. This is huge and so informative. :D
Having some thoughts about the HT: While this information is so very pertinent, taking care of hormonal disruptors are very important from my point of view. These disruptors could be very powerful if detoxification is impaired for example.

For your info, here are 12 endocrine disruptors and how to avoid them as much as possible:
BPA
DIOXIN
ATRAZINE
PHTHALATES
PERCHLORATE
FIRERETARDANTS
LEAD
ARSENIC
MERCURY
PERFLUORINATED CHEMICALS
ORGANOPHOSPHATE PESTICIDES
GLYCOLETHERS

If you are interested, this link explains where we find them and how to avoid them:
http://www.ewg.org/research/dirty-dozen ... YyLUa17SYU
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
FMCA /Bredesen's ReCODE for coaches
AFMCP (IFM November 2017)
GemmaJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GemmaJ »

Stavia - thank you.

This is so thorough and yet you have also made it clear and digestible. You must be exhausted!

Much food for thought here.

Thank you.
Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nancy »

Wow. So appreciated. You are an angel on this earth!
Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Russ »

So perhaps he mentioned it there in SD, or others knew already, but I didn't... Great to know Ivor Cummins is also one of "us" per his FB page...
ivore3.png
Also his wife is an E3/4. Awesome to have another wicked-smart person on our side thinking this stuff through (also Chris Masterjohn, Rhonda Patrick, ...?).

Russ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Russ
E3/4
Eat whole, real, flavorful food - fresh and in season... and mix it up once in a while.
bse0214
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bse0214 »

Stavia - thanks for an incredibly valuable summary. I was there but didn't seem to capture a fraction of what you have in your notes. Going to now read it all a second time. Best, Bret
4 / 4
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

Stavia- THis is truly a feat of extraordinariness. I just reviewed your notes and found this to be very helpful. Thanks so much for your efforts. Much like the primer you wrote. I'm impressed!!!

One point I found interesting was the question answer period for almost all of the speakers. Such great discussions on topics. In the Q&A with Dr. D'Angostino, a question about if he would recommend ketogenic diet or ketone esters for performance. He said the KG diet he felt would be best for cognitive performance. THat comment has stuck with me. That along with Georgia's Eddy's talk showing the decrease in oxidative stress, decrease in inflammation improved mitochondrial function and reduction in IR and her focus on the hippocampal receptors involved, seals the deal for this diet to be one of the most helpful at this time for many of us making this journey to better health and mitigating the APOE4 effects.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Stavia, you are a wonder! Your notes are so amazing. My eyes were rolling and my ears drooping from so much information coming at us hour after hour, day after day. I am so impressed what an outstanding job you have done.
So much benefit will come from our having your notes. Many thanks.
Starfish
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Hey folks who were in San Diego and those who followed,

Out of curiosity, I looked up that status of the book that Ivor Cummins and Dr Jeffry Gerber talked to us about. I found it on Amazon with a release date of Feb 6, 2018. The title is, drumroll please, Eat Rich, Live Long: Mastering the Low-Carb & Keto Spectrum for Weight Loss and Longevity. :D

And an unsolicited request, if you order the book on Amazon, order via Amazon Smile with ApoE4.info designated as the recipient.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thanks, Theresa! The subtitle helps... ;)
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Stavia's report on our meetup in San Diego 2017

Post by Stavia »

TheresaB wrote:Hey folks who were in San Diego and those who followed,

Out of curiosity, I looked up that status of the book that Ivor Cummins and Dr Jeffry Gerber talked to us about. I found it on Amazon with a release date of Feb 6, 2018. The title is, drumroll please, Eat Rich, Live Long: Mastering the Low-Carb & Keto Spectrum for Weight Loss and Longevity. :D

And an unsolicited request, if you order the book on Amazon, order via Amazon Smile with ApoE4.info designated as the recipient.
glad they found an acceptable title.... we weren't much help!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk