Supplement info

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
yikes0118
Contributor
Contributor

Supplement info

Post by yikes0118 »

Aloha,

Update: I've finally completed all the necessary first abs, PETSCAN and MRI w/NeuroQuant and have in my hand my first Bredesen ReCODE report.

I'm on the hunt for a Boatload of supplements (Merry Christmas to me.:-) but having difficult finding ones like Bacon, Berberine, Citicoline, and Magnesium threonate at 2 grams.
All recommendations are appreciated.
Thank you Kindly.

P.S. Wish there was a list of reputable and affordable supplement companies on this site that folks use and recommend. Perhaps there is and I haven't located it yet? Perhaps, it's not permitted on this forum...in which case, I ask you to forgive my ignorance.
I'm aware of the two more costly companies many practitioners recommend, Thorne and Pure Encapsulation , I'm just trying to weigh my options and research options.

Thank you again.
~ yikes0118
yikes0118
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Supplement info

Post by yikes0118 »

make that first "labs" and bacopa (not bacon)
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Bacon :lol:

I use ConsumerLab.com for about US$25 per year. They're self-described as an independent lab that tests supplements for bioavailability, content, price etc. They also produce research reports. I watch what others take here and include that information with what ConsumerLab says. I do really like that you can find out which brand is 'approved' and is the lowest cost per dose. Then I just head over to Amazon Smile and a small donation for the purchase goes to apoe4.info.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Bacon! I want to add that to my stack. Circ's suggestion about ConsumerLab is a good one.
earlyriser
New User
New User

Post by earlyriser »

Slightly off topic, however, a few years ago I remember there was a website that aggregated links of nutrition and supplement studies in APOE4 carriers. Does anyone know if this still exists or if a similar source is available? Thanks in advance.
Donna
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Donna »

Hello everyone,
I’m very new here, so please forgive me if repeat things. I use Berberine 500 Mg from Leaner Living twice a day and of course, Turmeric 1000 mg twice a day from Research Verified. Good bargain and quality, if you buy 3-6 mos worth. I follow Dr. Michael Greger and Dr. John Day. Dr Gundry has backed off a bit on suggesting the saturated fat for APOE e4s. Still learning.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Donna wrote:Hello everyone,
I’m very new here, so please forgive me if repeat things. I use Berberine 500 Mg from Leaner Living twice a day and of course, Turmeric 1000 mg twice a day from Research Verified. Good bargain and quality, if you buy 3-6 mos worth. I follow Dr. Michael Greger and Dr. John Day. Dr Gundry has backed off a bit on suggesting the saturated fat for APOE e4s. Still learning.
Welcome, Donna!
We are happy you have joined us here on the website. We are ALL still learning and this community offers a wealth of support and knowledge. Since you are already familiar with Dr Gundry's work, as you start to explore you'll find that many here are following his strategies. Dr. Bredesen's book, "The End of Alzheimer's", which shares many key features with Dr Gundry's work is also widely discussed and followed by members.

Since you are new to the site, you may not have found the PRIMER , written by Stavia, a physician member. It is great place to begin. It's packed with information and provides an overview of the relevant science-backed interventions widely accepted as being important factors in maintaining health in carriers of the ApoE4 allele.

You can access it here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418.

Take your time reading through it, and as questions come up for you, please post them.

It would be great to learn more about you. The "Our Stories" Forum is a good place to introduce yourself.
One more tip for getting started: If there are specific topics you are interested in, the Search option can be very helpful. Clicking the three stacked dots to the right of your name opens a drop down menu that includes Search, and also a link to the WiKi.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
PBW
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by PBW »

I take Magmind by Jarrow. It is 2000mg per 3 capsules.
yikes0118
Contributor
Contributor

Post by yikes0118 »

Thank you all as always for graciously sharing.
Welcome Welcome Donna!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

yikes0118 wrote:Aloha,

Update: I've finally completed all the necessary first abs, PETSCAN and MRI w/NeuroQuant and have in my hand my first Bredesen ReCODE report.
I'm on the hunt for a Boatload of supplements (Merry Christmas to me.:-) but having difficult finding ones like Bacon, Berberine, Citicoline, and Magnesium threonate at 2 grams.
All recommendations are appreciated.
Hi Yikes,
First, congratulations on getting you ReCODE report.
As for supplements, I've purchased mine for over a decade from iHerb. Like PBW, I take Jarrow MagMind for the Mg Threonate. iHerb has Citicholine, Bacopa and Berberine too. They offer many brands to choose from, including Thorne, but not Pure Encapsulations.
Not promoting iHerb, since I am sure there are many other places to find all of these, just sharing my experience.
www.iherb.com
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health