**PROMETHEASE REPORTS FREE through December 31st.**

ZenGinner
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

**PROMETHEASE REPORTS FREE through December 31st.**

Post by ZenGinner »

I received this email. Thought I would share. It is good for updates through the end of December. (If this is posted in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get up-to-date Promethease reports for free

As someone who has purchased Promethease reports before, we thought you'd be interested in a new opportunity to get up-to-date reports for free.

In the past, we always deleted your raw data within 24 hours. That meant you had to re-upload (and pay again) for every updated report. We now have improved infrastructure in place that allows you to upload your data once and then generate updated reports free of charge, whenever you want.

We added this infrastructure so we could use de-identified stored data to better assess the accuracy of the raw data produced by different companies, platforms and technologies. This will also allow us to provide the best, independent assessment of true vs. false data in future Promethease reports and add new features.

As a Promethease user you're probably familiar with the value of getting updated reports from time to time. SNPedia's content, upon which Promethease reports are based, doubles almost every year, and Promethease's interface is always improving to enable better searching, filtering and exporting options.

To support this new capability, we are now allowing free data uploads until December 31, as a holiday gift to our users. We invite you to re-upload DNA data for free now and receive a new report. You will be able to generate updated reports in the future without uploading or paying. To take advantage of this opportunity follow the simple steps below:
1. Go to https://www.promethease.com
2. Check all the checkboxes and click "I agree"
3. Click "Upload raw data" or "Import" it again.
4. When prompted, click the "Get free report" button.
5. If you want to get free updates in the future, enable the storage option which allows us to save your data and generate updated reports for you.
6. Pick a password for your account.
7. Wait about 5 minutes to receive your first report.
From then on, you'll be able to visit Promethease.com whenever you want, login to your account, and generate up-to-date reports for free. You can also delete your stored DNA data from the same page, at any time.

It's as easy as that.

Get started at https://www.promethease.com

Have more questions? Check out the FAQs.

Sincerely,

Mike Cariaso & Greg Lennon
KK
52, ε4/ε4
Vegan
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Re: **PROMETHEASE REPORTS FREE through December 31st.**

Post by Gilgamesh »

Thanks ZenGinner! (And it is indeed posted in the right place.)

I just generated a new report. Hadn't realized how much easier to use Promethease has become! (And how many more new, in my case bad, SNPs are part of the report.... :cry: )
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Sorry, {{{G}}} Evaluating risk assessment takes courage. I hope you also found some protective genes?

I'm slightly stunned. In my case, Promethease is reporting MANY more protective genes with regards to Alzheimer's risk. In the past, my pie chart (pictorial graph of risk) was overwhelmingly red. Look at the latest version:
IMG_2892.JPG
Interestingly, my longevity and cancer risks are equally positive. My heart disease risk, however is more evenly mixed matched with a slight positive leaning. A good reminder for me to continue focusing efforts there.

Thanks for sharing ZenGinner. You made my day :D.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Julie G wrote:Sorry, {{{G}}} Evaluating risk assessment takes courage. I hope you also found some protective genes?
Actually, I just looked at my pie chart, and it looks like yours! So maybe I'm over-reading the negative ones. But there are indeed some protective genes.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Well, it really isn't for the faint of heart. My red AD area looks larger than yours - almost 9%, the green is about the same. But my diabetes (24% bad) and CAD genes (30% bad). Oy! No wonder my dad's family had problems with both. Motivated to look at my stubborn A1c now to see if it's genetic and what I might do about it...
DianeSC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DianeSC »

Thanks for this info! I just updated my promethease reports. So interesting, but realizing the limitations due the information we don't yet know!
ZenGinner
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ZenGinner »

Glad y'all found it helpful. Happy Holidays!
KK
52, ε4/ε4
Vegan
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Thank you so much for posting this, ZenGinner. Eager to get my new, and hopefully improved, report.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

Looks like it's still free, I finally got my 23andme data back this week (I submitted in November, they had to pull another sample as the first wasn't good apparently). I am very optimistic for my future, but still need to do some digging and lifestyle work!
2018-01-24 08_21_11-Promethease Report.png
Some of the good:

* Normal methylation... going to stick with the Jarrow methyl B's anyway
* Some of the minor AD protective genes
* High metabolizer... explains why I don't need CR
* Resistance to several diseases
* I can drink all the covfefe I want, I'm not affected by caffeine

Some of the bad (surprisingly little but still bad):

* APOE4/4 (duh!)
* Impaired NSAID drug metabolism - need to watch this one, looks like aspirin only for me when I need it.
* type-1/2 diabetes risk - not too worried with the keto/lchf approach
* Heart/hypertension issues - quite a few of these, lower magnitude but worrisome non the less, more reason to be healthy an exercise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"