Gathering Recipes—I need your help!

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Gathering Recipes—I need your help!

Post by circular »

Great Susan. I have a feeling it won't work but just maybe. Of course I wouldn't want everyone working hard on something if I'm the only one interested in it. I'm just finding Yummly to be a big time saver and helping me fit more home cooked meals into my impossible schedule. Another thing it does is you can search it by an ingredient you want to use up and it'll pull up recipes for it. It's much more useful than my huge, unorganized pile of printed out recipes from the internet haha.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

I make various different omelettes, with different fillings, Could serve with a salad?-

Filling ideas-
mushrooms, tomato, quorn ham (if you eat quorn)

Can also make a mix of omelette and cottage cheese, fry as an omelette and put in some salmon or tuna.

I also like salmon baked with mediterranean vegetables.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

Creamy Salad dressing:
- Half bunch of cilantro
- Half bunch of parsley
- ½ avocado
- 1 medium Persian cucumber (or a piece of english cucumber)
- ½ cup of EVOO
- Optional 1-2 tbsp. of MCT oil
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- pinch of stevia of xylitol (optional)
- you may need a splash of water if too thick to mix
Put all the ingredients into the blender, and blend to create a thick, creamy dressing.
This dressing is great on any greens or as a dip for your favorite vegetables.

Carrot Fries:
- 10 carrots washed and peeled
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 424F. Sliced carrots into fry shaped rectangles. Toss carrots in avocado oil. Place on parchment lined sheet pan. Season with turmeric, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Roast carrots in the oven for 30 min, tossing halfway through. For an extra crunch turn on broiler and broil carrots for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven, Enjoy.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I've been very naughty this holiday season, but it was yummy :D. I made my first gluten-free pizza. heaping with veggies, and it was delicious. The recipe is pretty loose and may not be ready for prime time. Feel free to recommend changes.

Crust:
12 oz of riced cauliflower (half frozen)
1 cup of almond flour
2 pastured eggs
2 tsp garlic powder
pinch of salt

-Mix together in a large bowl several hours before putting the pizza together. I rolled it out on parchment paper, keeping the edges thick so it wouldn't crumble. I placed a second piece of parchment paper on the crust and left it on the counter until I was ready to assemble. When ready, preheat oven to 400F. Remove top parchment paper. Transfer to a pizza pan leaving the bottom parchment paper in place. Cook for 20-25 mins until slightly brown and firm. With a spatula gently loosen from the parchment paper.
IMG_2897.jpg
Sauce:
Organic tomato sauce
Italian seasonings to taste

Toppings:
Pastured chicken sausage (optional)
Sweet onion
Mushrooms slices
-Lightly saute these three before placing on the pizza
Goat cheese
Tomato slices
Fresh basil
Kalamata olive slices (preferably pitted & soaked in brine)
IMG_2898.jpg
-Spread sauce as desired. Dot with goat cheese. Spread the sausage, mushroom, onion medley evenly. Top with tomato slices, fresh basil and kalamata olives. Cook for an additional 10 mins.
IMG_2900.jpg
The integrity of the crust was excellent. It sliced beautifully, but was very filling because of all of the rich ingredients. It made 4 enormous pieces. One slice was a complete meal.
IMG_2901.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

The recipe is pretty loose and may not be ready for prime time. Feel free to recommend changes.
That looks pretty ready for prime time to me! Can't wait to try it. (Thanks for the photos!)
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Julie G wrote:I've been very naughty this holiday season, but it was yummy :D. I made my first gluten-free pizza. heaping with veggies, and it was delicious.
The integrity of the crust was excellent. It sliced beautifully, but was very filling because of all of the rich ingredients. It made 4 enormous pieces. One slice was a complete meal.
IMG_2901.jpg
Yum Yum Yum! That does not seem naughty in the least!! Other than the name: PIZZA.
Sounds and looks delicious. I have not had the courage to try to come up with an alternative pizza crust on my own, and am delighted to see this. since it must have held together. Can’t wait to try it out. With the ingredients you listed, what was the diameter you rolled it out to? Or the thickness, if that is easier.
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
ChristinaA
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ChristinaA »

I look forward to contributing healthy whole food recipes to this thread. In the meantime, as a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Red Seal Chef I just want to remind everyone that the temperature at which we cook our food is just as important as the quality of our food.

So cooking anything coated in a good quality extra virgin olive oil and or coconut oil fat higher than 350 degrees Fahrenheit will destroy the quality of the good oils and turn them into rancid/oxidized fats, and thats the last thing we want to happen = more ROS. So just remember, do not cook anything higher than 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
It is called smoke point of oils if anyone is interested in reading more http://www.honeyandvanilla.com/knowledg ... -fats.html
Knowledge is power!
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

ChristinaA wrote:I look forward to contributing healthy whole food recipes to this thread. In the meantime, as a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Red Seal Chef I just want to remind everyone that the temperature at which we cook our food is just as important as the quality of our food.
Thanks ChristinaA--that is a good reminder. Perhaps we can also include a section on the Wiki for cooking tips, in addition to the recipes. Looking forward to your recipe contributions!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
ChristinaA
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ChristinaA »

Great idea Julie.
Knowledge is power!
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS

2-3 lbs Brussel Sprouts
Olive oil- {would change this to Avocado Oil because of smoke point and oxidation issue)
Optional: (after baked) lemon, salt, Nutritional Yeast

Preheat oven 375 degrees

Directions:

Shave the Brussels (I use the attachment on the food processor). Lay flat on sheet pan in one layer and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 375-400 until golden and start to crisp (maybe 30-45 min? Keep an eye on them though). They brown quickly. When you remove them from the oven, sprinkle lemon on them and salt them! Salting after they get out is key!! + Or add Nutritional yeast> YUMMY
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D