Hello from a new intern!

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Liko
Contributor
Contributor

Hello from a new intern!

Post by Liko »

Hello! My name is Kaliko and I’m joining this wonderful community as an intern from the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy. In addition to training as a Functional Medicine Health Coach, my existing work focuses on environmental and health education for children. I have experience supporting family members through chronic illness and have acted as a conservator/guardian for a grandparent with dementia, so hope I can also contribute to supporting the caregivers in the group.

In the last few years, I’ve come to find a lot of hope in the power of epigenetics and lifestyle change for illness prevention and greater health. I’m currently reading Dr. Bredesen’s book and found that many of the recommendations he makes are in line with a lot of my existing health practices/goals and what most people (regardless of ApoE status) should be following.

I’m very grateful to be here and look forward to learning with you all and supporting this community!
Kaliko
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Hello from a new intern!

Post by TheresaB »

Welcome new intern. Kaliko, love your name. Epigenetics and lifestyle for health, yup you're in the right place. Hope this proves to be a beneficial relationship for you and all of us. Wishing you the best.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Wonderful to have you on the site, Kaliko! Love your positive outlook, and so interested in your environmental and health education for children. Start the good processes early. Look forward to your contributions for caregivers.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

Welcome to the site Kaliko!
It's great to have a new member interested in epigenetics. This is definitely wonderful site to learn about that, and see with your own eyes what impact an environment has on people's life and health.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline