Gathering Recipes—I need your help!

CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Gathering Recipes—I need your help!

Post by CoachDD »

Greetings all -

I've been in the process of gathering links to FM websites with recipes (which happen to be mostly gluten free), so I thought I'd share.

Have fun searching and cooking!

http://www.fernlifecenter.com/wp-conten ... ecipes.pdf

http://secretingredientmeals.com/

https://www.jillcarnahan.com/recipes/

http://www.truehealthcfm.com/recipes

http://www.drbump.com/recipes.php

https://www.healthykidspediatrics.com/b ... ilies.aspx
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Thanks Coach. We are collating an actual list of recipes our members use, rather than site links which can be very overwhelming to new members. Do you have a specific recipe you can type out and share here?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

Sorry Stavia - I haven't gotten that far yet, so I'll leave the links if that's okay with you so that others are free to peruse if they'd like.
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
ncjlhp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ncjlhp »

I have trouble finding free range poultry in my area so I am settling for just plain organic- NGMO. I have two daughters adopted from China and we have so much Asian food. Tonight my oldest is home from college and wants the traditional Taiwanese 3 cup chicken. I am doing the best I can in terms of poultry, soy and rice! But Asian is just that. I am cooking in a clay pot with organic chicken, organic soy and organic and low carb hoisen with sauteed bok choy in sesame and olive oil - lots of garlic and ginger. I can post some recipes if anyone is into that kind of thing. Rice is rice- not much I can do, I don't eat it. Struggling with the lectin thing, but green beans are on the menu as well.
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

ncjlhp,

Sounds delicious! What about substituting organic soy with some white miso paste? It's fermented and allowed on the Gundry matrix. Not sure about hoisin, but there are lots of paleo and other sites with homemade where you can substitute sugar with stevia, and peanut butter with macadamia or other nut butters (google "no sugar hoisin sauce").

Basmati rice is also an alternative to sticky rice or white... when prepared properly it becomes a resistant starch.

For pastured poultry and other meats, try http://www.eatwild.com and look for local farmers in your state, that is how I found my supplier. Many will deliver.

Don't stress too much on the lectin's.... concentrate on small steps first, eat good healthy foods that are fresh! You can phase out the lectin foods later (if they even cause you discomfort or inflammation in the first place!).

RU
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
ncjlhp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ncjlhp »

ru442, I love miso! My kids are purists though - lol! I am substituting and the soy I use is organic, fermented, so I feel good about it. Basmati rice is delish and I use it.. Those girls are rice snobs and they definitely prefer jasmine rice. My cabinet has 6 kinds of rice -seriously. I just don't eat any of it. Both kids are free of the gene, thankfully. I have seen the website you recommend and am pursuing that . I am so new to this and can always use direction from experienced people. Nothing has stressed me too much, except the lectin thing. That threw me so badly I stopped eating for 4 days because I couldn't think of anything allowed. I have remedied that by being reasonable, but it was a shock. I am learning fast . Jan E4/E2
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

Jan... I still eat lectins as do many others... I try and limit them but have not completely eliminated them unless testing proves otherwise. Fermented soy is good... no worries there!
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
ncjlhp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ncjlhp »

Thanks, Ru442. I hope to contribute recipes as soon as I feel confident in what I am doing. I am so new, but I do cook a lot and love recipes. I can get along just fine without most of the lectin foods, except green beans and tomatoes- but at least for the tomatoes I know to peel and seed them and then pressure cook them ... I will be doing a spaghetti (less) sauce tomorrow! I can definitely live without pasta and rice if I can have sweet potatoes and mushrooms occassionally!. What do we know about spaghetti squash? I know it is in the squash family, but no seeds, no skin? I am so happy to have found this group. No one gets it as well as us! Jan E4/E2
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Many people use cauliflower rice as a substitute for rice, but not sure how it would taste in your Chinese dishes (for you, not the girls). My go-to Asian food if I’m out is Thai soup with coconut milk base and shrimp (Tom Kha). Should find us a good lectin free recipe for that. I don’t eat much coconut because of the long chain saturated fatty acid portion, so for me that’s a treat.

This week I made a good soup someone else had made and told me about:

Roasted leek, a bag of frozen butternut squash, a package of pastured bone broth, and thyme thrown into the Instant Pot, hit soup, natural release, immersion blender, salt and pepper. Oh,

(I also added a bit of leek broth from heating the dark part of the leaves in some water, but it was a little too thin. I drank it from a mug, thicker than a drink but thinner than soup. Next time I’ll just skip that. Didn’t want to waste the dark part of the leek.)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

ncjlhp wrote: Nothing has stressed me too much, except the lectin thing. That threw me so badly I stopped eating for 4 days because I couldn't think of anything allowed. I have remedied that by being reasonable, but it was a shock. I am learning fast . Jan E4/E2
Jan;
I personally have a hard enough time with the food thing without worrying about lectins, resulting in underweight. Some members have very little trouble with the dietary changes, others have made slow steady progress in the direction they wish to go. And then there's folks like me! We all have to find the right balance for ourselves personally, and try to be creative about managing change. I continue to have ups and downs, especially with food. (I had 2 pieces of toast with melted cheese this week which I enjoyed immensely :D ). It sounds to me like you are making great progress, one step at a time. Be kind to yourself!
Slacker
E4/E4