Fiji water (silica rich water) - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Fiji water - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Post by circular »

Thanks very much Laurie. That's great. You've probably posted all that before too. I just don't have time to keep up these days. Thanks. I've been drinking the Fiji water every day, but I want to start making my own when I get a chance to learn how to do it. I know the instructions are in another thread.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

circular wrote:Thanks very much Laurie. That's great. You've probably posted all that before too. I just don't have time to keep up these days. Thanks. I've been drinking the Fiji water every day, but I want to start making my own when I get a chance to learn how to do it. I know the instructions are in another thread.
You are welcome. I have never posted the rat study before. Yes it is hard to keep up with all this information. I am retired and that helps a lot ! Regarding making you own silica water. I have posted before but I will post again a link to the video and recipe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po8IuIXjCME http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... m/2017/09/
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thanks again laurie! I've written it all down.

What role if any do serum aluminum tests play?

Presumably if one eliminates aluminum exposure (is it possible?) then there's no need to continue drinking the silica water for that reason. Although I'll be happy if it helps stop my hair from thinning out too!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
JulieAnnie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by JulieAnnie »

There is a distinct possibility that coffee grounds and the paper filter could remove the silica from the Fiji water. Coffee grounds are known to remove heavy metals and other contaminants.
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

Hi everyone -

I am new to this post and certainly very interested in the possibility of something so readily available and inexpensive to be a big contributor in the fight against the progression (and help reverse!) AD.

I had taken some time in the past to research the benefits of artesian water and found mixed opinions out "there". That being said, I had found these articles specifically on Fiji Water some time ago (I see now it was written in 2009), so I know this is dated - but I was concerned by them and thought I'd share here:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... water.aspx
This article sites this report as its reference: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... in-bottle/

And here's a newer one I found: https://www.livestrong.com/article/3408 ... nutrition/

I am grateful and very happy that some are finding it helpful, but have others seen similar results or have comments?

Does anyone have validated scientific research on the benefits of Fiji (or artesian) water? I'm concerned about the Fiji brand in particular - and I see that the attachment/study references Volvic (another brand).

I would love to make time to make my own mineral-enriched water and actively looking into a whole house water filtering system (and there is another post related to this available on this forum). :)
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

CoachDD wrote:Hi everyone -

Does anyone have validated scientific research on the benefits of Fiji (or artesian) water? I'm concerned about the Fiji brand in particular - and I see that the attachment/study references Volvic (another brand).

I would love to make time to make my own mineral-enriched water and actively looking into a whole house water filtering system (and there is another post related to this available on this forum). :)
One concern with Fiji water it contains fluoride and fluoride does facilitate the accumulation of aluminum in the brain.

Be careful some home water filtering systems add aluminum to the water.

Spritzer water was used in this study https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/adb5/a ... 4b6c76.pdf

Both Volvic and Spritzer are high in silica.
Fiji water – 122 ppm of orthosilicic acid
Volvic 51 ppm
Spritzer natural mineral water is 69 ppm
Acilis by Spritzer – 88 ppm

I have posted above a link to a video and recipe for making your own silica water which results in 110 to 120 ppm of orthosilicic acid
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

JulieAnnie wrote:There is a distinct possibility that coffee grounds and the paper filter could remove the silica from the Fiji water. Coffee grounds are known to remove heavy metals and other contaminants.
Coffee grounds will not remove silica from water without chemical modification. There is coffee powder that has been coated with polyethylenimine and ferric ions which will remove silica from the water. https://www.nature.com/articles/srep42881

Paper filters will not remove silica.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

Great info Laurie - thanks for sharing!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
Red Tara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Red Tara »

Laurie,

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story about your mother in laws reversal. I was wondering what OSA stands for?

Em
3/4
Red Tara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Red Tara »

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for sharing the story about your mother in laws reversal. very inspiring.
I was wondering what OSA stands for?

Em
3/4