Welcome!!!

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Jena S
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Welcome!!!

Post by Jena S »

Welcome, Jodi!!

It's so wonderful to have you join our group. Thank you for your honest welcome and openness about how you are feeling. In our group, you are going to meet many others who are feeling the same and know there is so much support here! Also, we have an array of discussions under our forums so feel free to ask questions, comment, etc. To start, I encourage you to read our Primer <viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418> which was written by Stavia who is a physician and a moderator for the site. There is a wealth of knowledge in the primer so it's a great place to start and learn more! Again, please reach out to us with any other questions. We are so glad you're here!!
Jena S
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jena S »

Jodi wrote:Hi,
I am so happy to have found this site. I found out a couple of months ago that I carry two copies of APOe4 and have been so afraid. Everytime I think boit it my whole body feels cold. It is a lonely feeling. so it is amazing to find a group of people who have been thinking about this and working on the problem for so long- a support system. I am still relatively young (36 yrs) and hope I will be able to steer this ship in a positive direction. I worry about my family members most of all. Thank you for being here and providing this platform.
Welcome, Jodi!!

It's so wonderful to have you join our group. Thank you for your honest welcome and openness about how you are feeling. In our group, you are going to meet many others who are feeling the same and know there is so much support here! Also, we have an array of discussions under our forums so feel free to ask questions, comment, etc. To start, I encourage you to read our Primer <viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418> which was written by Stavia who is a physician and a moderator for the site. There is a wealth of knowledge in the primer so it's a great place to start and learn more! Again, please reach out to us with any other questions. We are so glad you're here!!
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

Greetings all - I see several newbies and wanted to extend a warm welcome to all of you!

Jodi - I appreciate your raw honesty. . . it is lonely and sometimes I get frustrated that those who do know don't seem to understand the depths of my heartache and concern over this. My husband has never been one to be empathetic when I am sick (or the kids) - I don't take it personally and know that he has a hard time showing he cares to just about anyone. . . but sometimes I really would like him to ask how I'm doing or say, "it'll be okay, no matter what happens". Have you told anyone in your inner circle? You might want to check out the primer and search for discussions about telling others.

I am finding this forum to be a true blessing in a big way for this reason alone - we are a tribe in every sense of the word and you will find many people you can reach out to for guidance (for medical or psychological support!!). PLEASE do not hesitate to do that in the forums that speak to you - or if you are more comfortable, you can send someone a private message.

Celebrate BIG that you are taking control of your health and wellbeing - I am studying to become a Health Coach and find that many people are waking up to the importance of diet and its impact to health and longevity. Kudos to you for recognizing this at your age!

Looking forward to "seeing" the newbies around throughout the site!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
Jodi
New User
New User

Post by Jodi »

Thank you so much, Jena S and CoachDD
I apologise if I posted at the wrong place. But I am so happy to have connected. There is so much here to digest! I definitely need to take a break, since it is somewhat overwhelming. :) I have been on here all day.
I do have many questions and look forward to getting feedback in the future. Thank you all again for making me feel welcome!
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Hi Jodi and welcome to the apoe4.info web site. Congratulations on finding out about your APOe4 status at such a young age. It can feel scary and alone yet you have landed in a group of supportive and caring individuals. I also understand and appreciate your concern for your family members. There is no time like the present to begin implementing a healthier life style and there is so much supporting information on this site. A good place to get started is the Primer. As you make adjustments to your lifestyle you will become a beacon of change for your family. Wishing you the very best on this incredible journey.
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Marta
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Marta »

I am fairly new at navigating the ReCode. I asked 23 and Me for my genome so I could send it to www.Promethease.com/. I received it and saved it in my documents. I tried to send it but it Promethease said it application not found. It said on Promethease there is a $10 fee but I didn't find where to submit it.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi Marta. Just follow the intuitive prompts here. This link will connect the two and allow you to pay.
ChipW
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ChipW »

Hello,
I am APOE3/APOE4 according to my 23 and me report. ive watched some videos and read some things by Dr Ronda Patrick and found you guys through a google search. Im 48, male, pretty healthy but i want to do all i can to head of any dementia at the pass. I have boxed and played football in the past so have a few head injuries from long ago but nothing to serious. I was following a Mediterranean diet for a while but recently switched to a high fat diet after reading grain brain. I think i may go back to the med. diet after reading APOE4's have trouble processing saturated fat and coconut oils. look forward to learning. thanks for having me.

Chip
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Welcome to the forum ChipW!
This is a great place to be where you can get lots of great information and support. One of the best places to start is the Primer written by physician member Stavia. You can find the Primer here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418.

Everyone's experience is different as you'll see as you cruise through the forum threads. If you have specific topics that you'd like to search for previous discussions on, you can click on the "spyglass" icon to the left of your name and type in a word to search for.

In addition to the forum, The End of Alzheimer's book by Dr Dale Bredesen (a leading pioneer in the field) is written for lay people, easy to understand and packed with information as well.

There is a recent Head Injury thread that you may find interesting: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4378&p=51234&hilit= ... ury#p51234. There is a section in the Primer about head injuries too: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418&start=30#p15923

Please don't hesitate to post questions as you journey forward. We're all here to support each other.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Liko
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Liko »

ChipW wrote:Hello,
I am APOE3/APOE4 according to my 23 and me report. ive watched some videos and read some things by Dr Ronda Patrick and found you guys through a google search. Im 48, male, pretty healthy but i want to do all i can to head of any dementia at the pass. I have boxed and played football in the past so have a few head injuries from long ago but nothing to serious. I was following a Mediterranean diet for a while but recently switched to a high fat diet after reading grain brain. I think i may go back to the med. diet after reading APOE4's have trouble processing saturated fat and coconut oils. look forward to learning. thanks for having me.
Chip
Hi Chip, welcome! I'm glad you've found this supportive community. As CarrieS has written, the Primer is a great resource, as is the Wiki (access it at the top of the screen), with topics ranging from a summary of Dr. Bredesen's and Dr. Gundry's protocols to a collection of recipes from members of this site.

The site is rich with many posts and topics, so the search function (magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen) can be helpful to find conversations to learn from and contribute to. I've found that my first search sometimes has too many results, so will use the "advanced" feature to narrow it down to only searching post titles.

Please do continue to explore, ask questions, and share your experiences on this journey.
Kaliko
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach