Opinions on this Vitamin formulation?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
vermillion
Contributor
Contributor

Opinions on this Vitamin formulation?

Post by vermillion »

Greetings!

I am trying to cut down on the number of pills, imagine that!
Briefly I am 4/4, 59, fairly active, with no symptoms of anything much to speak of.
Before all of this apoe information, I was managing some anxiety with PS100 and magnesium threonate, and that seems to be working, I havent been pinging the red line for several months, despite some rather stressful stuff.

Although, I do have freakishly high cholesterol (339, whomp), and am on prevastatin awaiting another test in June.

I also take DHL, Omega-3, resveratrol, and magnesium threonate, NAC is coming online because I have had some UTIs and am pretty sure I have a biofilm situation.
I eat clean, minimal bread and dairy, lots of vegetables and fish.
Vitamin D level is 43.

So far, I feel very well. Other than worrying about apoe and cholesterol I am OK.

I would love your input on this.
I cannot just go to a store and buy vitamins and supplements where I live, so I am trying to be really selective. I have taken these before, they are convenient for sure. But now I am wondering if there is too much of something, or not enough of something else.
As always, every single one of you is much appreciated! Saludos de México
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Opinions on this Vitamin formulation?

Post by apod »

That looks decent enough to me. The 600mg/d of supplemental calcium is the only one that stands out to me as a potential deal-breaker. The 425mg of choline in the form of choline bitartrate also seems rather high. 6 micrograms of b12 is pretty low in proportion to the 400mcg of methylfolate. Hard to find one with everything where you want it, however.
vermillion
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vermillion »

Ah, thank you! I really appreciate the comments.
I have a sublingual b12 supplement as well.... I dont drink milk, there is very littie dairy in my diet, actually. I have not been taking regular calcuim supplements. Maybe I will do this every other day rather than every day.

It is hard! A true rabbit hole!
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

I dont like the 600mg calcium in one go either. If this is all you can get, take it in three bits over a day so as not to spike it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
vermillion
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vermillion »

Thanks Stavia! Actually it is formulated as two packets, one AM and one PM. I will read up on the calcium issue.

This is the website
https://caltonnutritionstore.com/collec ... 6858741641
PBW
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by PBW »

AS a 4/4 who also is struggling with lipids the niacin/niacinamide is one I would research and maybe supplement with NAD in addition.