Introducing myself..

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Pascale
Contributor
Contributor

Introducing myself..

Post by Pascale »

Hi, I'm Pascale and recently diagnosed as being APOE 4/4. How exciting!!! LOL. I'm very happy to have found your website and all the great information. Thank you for your prolific contributions, I was surprised to see the articles on Ferritin, I have high levels (361 ng/ml) and was told last year by a hematologist that I was fine and not to worry about it... I agree that worrying doesn't help, but after reading your articles I scheduled to donate blood tomorrow. Are there other ways to reduce Ferritin?
Are most of the participants here doing the Bresedan Protocol?
Thank you!
Pascale
Cas
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Introducing myself..

Post by Cas »

Hi Pascale

Welcome to the site and thank you for joining us. As you’ve already seen there is a wealth of information on the forums and so much peer support - it’s a really warm community.

Can I suggest that as a starting point you read through our primer
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

This was written by one of our members and is a really useful starting point.

I’m sure some of our senior support team and/or members will have advice regarding the ferratin levels. I think you’ve got it absolutely right regarding the worrying ( far easier said than done though I realise!) instead we promote taking positive action to support our overall health and wellbeing.

Take care and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Catherine
Functional Medicine Coaching Academy Student