Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by circular »

Laurie you and your husband may have looked into this, but I don't have time to re-read everything you've written just now. I came across aluminum and other contaminates in protein powders. Looks like a clean protein powder would be hard to come by. ConsumerLab also tests them and some are 'approved', but they didn't include aluminum in their review.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

circular wrote:Laurie you and your husband may have looked into this, but I don't have time to re-read everything you've written just now. I came across aluminum and other contaminates in protein powders. Looks like a clean protein powder would be hard to come by. ConsumerLab also tests them and some are 'approved', but they didn't include aluminum in their review.
I did some reading and I could find no reliable source for testing of aluminum in protein powder. The person at natural news doesn't report their method of testing or any details on how much aluminum is found. He is correct that many plants contain aluminum and therefore if the protein powder is made from certain plants there could be aluminum in the product. I see there are protein shakes made from cannabis. Cannabis is a plant which accumulates aluminum. Soy is another plant which is an aluminum accumulator. Soy containing baby formula have high levels of aluminum. Dr. Chris Exley tested baby formulas.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thanks laurie. The lack of info at the Natural News site bothered me too. It does show the amount for the product highest in a contaminant, but then an average, so you don't know the amount in those with lower amounts. You also don't see some sort of benchmark like an accepted EPA or California level. I compared one vs the ConsumerLab results and found that although it's good not to have *any* contaminants, the level made to look very high in the Natural News bar chart really wasn't that high. I did this some days back and don't recall the details of which product or contaminant, but it didn't happen to be aluminum.

If cannabis accumulates aluminum I assume hemp protein powder does. That may be what you mean. This was sorrowful news (haha) since I'd temporarily settled on Manitoba Hemp 50 protein powder since it only has one ingredient. I've written them for information about contaminants in their product but haven't heard back. It seems to be the only type of protein powder I can tolerate. I could drink it with silica water and keep testing my aluminum and see how I'm doing.

I don't use full doses. I'm trying to hit 2500 mg leucine at meals, especially after any exercise, for muscle building. But I don't want to pay for and scarf that amount of high quality animal protein, so I'm balancing animal and plant protein foods with doses of protein powder to get to the goal. Sorry, that's OT.

Finally found an aluminum free deodorant I like, the Schmidt for sensitive skin. It will be useful traveling and then I may save money going Tincups route, since it's the same main ingredient :)
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

circular wrote:
If cannabis accumulates aluminum I assume hemp protein powder does. That may be what you mean.
Hi circular, Avoiding aluminum takes a lot of work!
Yes you understood what I said - the hemp plant accumulates aluminum more than other plants and therefor most likely the hemp protein will also contain aluminum. Sometimes you have to look at a lot of factors when deciding what products you are willing to use. Glad you found a deodorant. Dennis and I were just on vacation and it is very challenging to stay aluminum free as well as eating healthy. It does help me in cutting back on eating desserts as we avoid the aluminum in baking powder. Some restaurant owners have been receptive in learning about aluminum being toxic and learning there is an alternative. We were lucky we found Fiji water in the grocery stores where we were.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I've just printed the Silicade info and ordered what I need and look forward to making my first batch :D

I also found your instructions in the blog for making a 'Pellegrino version' to replace the higher aluminum Pellegrino ... now you're singing my tune :!:
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

circular wrote:I've just printed the Silicade info and ordered what I need and look forward to making my first batch :D

I also found your instructions in the blog for making a 'Pellegrino version' to replace the higher aluminum Pellegrino ... now you're singing my tune :!:
Yes, I LOVE my sparkling water ! Glad to hear you will be making Silicade.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
GemmaJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GemmaJ »

Hi Laurie,

How wonderful to hear all that you have achieved for you mother. It's just brilliant news.

I'm really interested in your post and will watch your videos as soon as I can.

In the meantime, I use Soapwalla deodorant creams and find they work well. They seem to be available worldwide too:

https://soapwallakitchen.com/products/d ... =288256202

Thanks again!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

GemmaJ wrote:Hi Laurie,

How wonderful to hear all that you have achieved for you mother. It's just brilliant news.

I'm really interested in your post and will watch your videos as soon as I can.

In the meantime, I use Soapwalla deodorant creams and find they work well. They seem to be available worldwide too:

https://soapwallakitchen.com/products/d ... =288256202

Thanks again!
Thanks Gemma. Yes it is brilliant news about my mother in law. She continues to make improvements in her cognition and daily functioning. Her physical health continues to improve. I am so hopeful the information about aluminum and silica water will become mainstream so others can be helped. The number of aluminum free deodorants on the market is increasing. Now if we can get more people aware of other products that contain aluminum. I wish all deodorants and baking powders were aluminum free.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
GemmaJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GemmaJ »

I do love how Americans say "aloominum".

In the UK we say "aloominyum".

I can't resist a bit of linguistic research here - sorry - how does anyone else say it in other English-speaking parts of the world?
jenniferthequeen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jenniferthequeen »

Hey Everyone - hope you’re having a nice summer (if it is Summer in your hemisphere)....

I have a question about aluminum. I didn’t see it in the thread.... I drink a lot of canned seltzer daily. Is that adding aluminum to my diet?

If so...would using a soda stream to make seltzer using Fiji-type water still confer the benefits? I am a bubble addict....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk