Anyone interested in a Qigong Meet-Up?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Anyone interested in a Qigong Meet-Up?

Post by floramaria »

Maybe this Meet-Up Forum will provide the means to do what I have been Thinking about for as long as I’ve been on the site: getting together with some of you (virtually) to do Qigong. I am a Certified Qigong Instructor but don’t want to offer a class in person or online and feel that I have to be there every week at a certain time Since my schedule is too erratic to offer classes on a regular schedule. The informality of a Meet up appeals to me. I have thought for some time about how much I’d like to meet some of this community and do Qigong together, since I have found it so beneficial myself. My interest is not so much in leading as in sharing the experience, even virtually. If there are other Qigong instructors or aficionados in this group who would would like to lead, I am all for that too. We could take turns on occasional Meet ups.

For those who aren’t familiar with it, Qigong is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and refers to energy cultivation. Tai Chi (which is better known) is the martial arts application of Qigong. Sometime the same movements are used, but with different intent. Qigong is inwardly focused and helps develop the mind-body connection. It can be done with one movement repeated many times and can be thought of as moving meditation. There is no need to memorize a “form” which is a long sequence of tai chi movements. Not that I have anything against Tai Chi! Not at all! I know several long Tai Chi forms and practice everyday, but tend to do them with Qigong intent, very slowly smoothly Steadily, thinking about energy flow rather than about “my opponent”, that imaginary foe one fights in a martial arts form.
For people who struggle to meditate, Qigong can offer an interesting alternative; the slow steady movements, can be calming to mind and body, and give the mind something to focus on that is a break from the rest of the day. Practicing with other people is important Since doing Qigong in a group develops an energy field among the participants. Not sure how that would work online. But who knows? At least it would be fun, and relaxing and we’d be together, reducing stress.

Is anyone interested ?

If you are, please reply.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Anyone interested in a Qigong Meet-Up?

Post by CoachDD »

I am! I've always been intrigued and would love an opportunity to learn more. Thanks for the offer to do this! :)
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

In New Mexico?
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Well I am in NM, Teresa , and you would be welcome to come join me in person. 1/2 hr S of Taos . To be available for more people I was thinking about trying it out on whatever video conferencing platform is being made available for Meet Ups. It would be excellent to have an in person Meet Up simultaneous with the video Meet Up!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

CoachDD wrote:I am! I've always been intrigued and would love an opportunity to learn more. Thanks for the offer to do this! :)
Great! If a few people are interested i will set it up,
Any suggested days/times that works best for you?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Woo hoo, floramaria! Thanks for leading the way. If I wasn't so consumed with work, I'd be jumping in to join.... and may still do so if the time works. I'll be following closely. Great job :D.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

I'd love to join your video conferencing sessions if I can.
APOe4/4
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

CarrieS wrote:I'd love to join your video conferencing sessions if I can.
Great!
gmpicket
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gmpicket »

I'm interested. The mediation center that I go to had two Qigong sessions, but I had to miss both. I think I can handle video conferencing.
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by buck3Maureen »

Hi Floramarie,

I am interested. I am taking a tai chi class and have started doing the Qigong class that is offered. I find both very relaxing.
Maureen