Super Immunity in General?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Super Immunity in General?

Post by mike »

I'm 4/4 and seemed to get my share of illnesses. My Diabetes doctor many years ago told me to take a mega dose of Vitamin D3 once a week, and my illnesses seemed to go away. I've since switched to a lower daily dose, and now they seem to be back - I'm dealing with a cold that just won't go away...
Sonoma Mike
4/4
Anna
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Super Immunity in General?

Post by Anna »

Being 4/4 definitely has NOT provided me with super immunity. In fact, I sometimes wonder if it is the opposite -- more of a vulnerability gene. Although I was not a particularly sickly child, I've had far more than my share of immune system failures as an adult, including my current battle with reactivated Epstein Barr virus. I have to say, my tendency to catch colds, which used to be quite ridiculous, did get much better when I started maintaining optimal vitamin D levels. As for my relatives with at least one copy of e4 , I'd say half of them have terrific immunity, and half struggle more than they should.
~Anna
4/4 but so much more