Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Post by laurie »

My mother in law has late onset Alzheimer's and for the past 6 years my husband Dennis N Crouse who is a biochemist has been researching ways to help his mother. He achieved his goal. She has been drinking silica water for 2 years and the progression of the disease has stopped and her cognition has improved. In the past 2 years my husband has become fascinated with researching the health benefits of silica water. Here is a write up he did on silica water and APOE-E4.

"The exponential growth of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) incidence is not due to an exponential increase in APOE-E4 allele frequency. Instead the exponential growth of AD is due to the rapidly increasing production of an environmental chemical that potentiates APOE-E4 making one of its protein products or their derivatives, such as oligomeric beta-amyloid peptide, more neurotoxic. This was proven to be the case by Denise Drago in 2008 when she tested a variety of metal ions (e.g. aluminum, iron, zinc, and copper) and found that only aluminum when bound to the oligomeric beta-amyloid peptide resulted in significantly increased neurotoxicity.

Aluminum is a causal factor of AD in people with and without the E4 allele of the APOE gene, but in those with this allele there is more oligomeric beta-amyloid for aluminum to toxify. For this reason usually those with the APOE-E4 gene have a higher risk of AD than those without the E4 allele. But what if there is an exception? What if there is a region on earth where people with the APOE-E4 gene have the same risk of AD as those without the APOE-E4 gene? What if people in this region drink OSA rich silica water and eat an OSA rich diet that lowers their aluminum body-burden to the point where they are protected from the APOE-E4 gene?

I am a scientist and a writer and when working on a recent book I discovered just such a region of the world. Since OSA ingestion facilitates the elimination of aluminum from the body, finding such a region supports the contention that aluminum’s binding to beta-amyloid peptide is the reason people with the APOE-E4 gene have a higher incidence of AD. I believe people with the APOE-E4 gene need to be aware that just by drinking OSA rich water and eating a diet high in OSA they can significantly lower their risk of AD. Here is a write up I have done on this region and what I discovered:
OSA prevents Alzheimer's in those with APOE-E4 allele.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
rniam1995
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Post by rniam1995 »

Hi Laurie
What an inspiring artical! Thank you for sharing. Where does one find this silica and how much does one take?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

rniam1995 wrote:
Where does one find this silica and how much does one take?
You find the silica in silica rich mineral water such as Fiji, Volvic, Spritzer or move to one of the Blue Zones :) . Here is a list of bottled waters from around the world which are high in silica. If anyone wants to figure out the silica content of waters not on this list here is the information you will need.

Here is information on reading the label of bottled water for the (OSA) orthosilicic acid levels. There are 3 units of measure used to report orthosilicic acid levels,
1. to convert silicon (Si) to OSA - multiply by 3.4
2. to convert silica SiO2 to OSA multiply by 1.6
3. orthosilicic acid or silicic acid Si(OH)4 doesn’t need to be concerted. The units can be ppm or milligrams per litre, these are equivalent units of measure.

Most of the studies that have looked at aluminum excretion after drinking silica water has seen an enhancement of aluminum excretion of 60 to 125% with a ppm of OSA of 64 to 119 ppm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
rniam1995
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rniam1995 »

Thank you for this info Laurie!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SoCalGuy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SoCalGuy »

laurie wrote:
rniam1995 wrote:
Where does one find this silica and how much does one take?
You find the silica in silica rich mineral water such as Fiji, Volvic, Spritzer or move to one of the Blue Zones :) . Here is a list of bottled waters from around the world which are high in silica. If anyone wants to figure out the silica content of waters not on this list here is the information you will need.

Here is information on reading the label of bottled water for the (OSA) orthosilicic acid levels. There are 3 units of measure used to report orthosilicic acid levels,
1. to convert silicon (Si) to OSA - multiply by 3.4
2. to convert silica SiO2 to OSA multiply by 1.6
3. orthosilicic acid or silicic acid Si(OH)4 doesn’t need to be concerted. The units can be ppm or milligrams per litre, these are equivalent units of measure.

Most of the studies that have looked at aluminum excretion after drinking silica water has seen an enhancement of aluminum excretion of 60 to 125% with a ppm of OSA of 64 to 119 ppm.
Thanks for the list laurie! I drink Gerolsteiner every morning so I'm glad to see it has a decent amount of OSA.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

SoCalGuy Glad to hear you found Gerolsteiner on the list and now know the OSA content. Dr. Chris Exley at Keele University who has been researching aluminum and silica water for 40 years recommends drinking 3 to 4 cups a day of silica rich water for protection from aluminum. If you exercise or do something that makes you sweat, drink some Gerolsteiner before the activity and you will excrete more aluminum in your sweat.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
RJones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RJones »

The article says that Alzheimer's deaths per 100,000 is about 10 times lower in Japan than in the US. Is that widely accepted? It just doesn't seem plausible to me.

The paper below reports that Japan has 1.1 million cases of dementia, and the US has 2.9 million. The US has about 3 times the population of Japan, so that would mean their rates of dementia are about the same. Of course Alzheimer's and all-cause dementia could be different. But I'd be very surprised if Japan has only 1/10th as much Alzheimer's incidence as the US.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2850264/
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

RJones wrote:The article says that Alzheimer's deaths per 100,000 is about 10 times lower in Japan than in the US. Is that widely accepted? It just doesn't seem plausible to me.

The paper below reports that Japan has 1.1 million cases of dementia, and the US has 2.9 million. The US has about 3 times the population of Japan, so that would mean their rates of dementia are about the same. Of course Alzheimer's and all-cause dementia could be different. But I'd be very surprised if Japan has only 1/10th as much Alzheimer's incidence as the US.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2850264/
Thanks for your question. The deaths per 100,000 being 10 x lower in Japan than in the US comes from 2016 World Life Expectancy.com I see the write I posted talks about table 9 and I didn't post it, I apologize - here is table 9.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
RJones
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RJones »

Thanks Laurie -- Below is the link to the worldlifeexpectancy.com listings of Alzheimer's dementia by country. However, I remain skeptical about the reliability. The table implies for example that Alzheimer's is 164 times more prevalent in Finland than in Singapore. One would think that would be widely known, if true. There must be essentially zero Alzheimer's in Singapore if these stats are true.

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cau ... y-country/

Conversely, if these stats really are true, then they are very important!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

RJones wrote:Thanks Laurie -- Below is the link to the worldlifeexpectancy.com listings of Alzheimer's dementia by country. However, I remain skeptical about the reliability. The table implies for example that Alzheimer's is 164 times more prevalent in Finland than in Singapore. One would think that would be widely known, if true. There must be essentially zero Alzheimer's in Singapore if these stats are true.

Conversely, if these stats really are true, then they are very important!
You are right, looking at countries that have high and low rates of Alzheimer's can give very important information. Yes Singapore has very low rates of death from Alzheimer's and so does Malaysia. I have attached a table with those rates.

My husband recently looked at the Blue Zones as people there live longer and there are lower rates of dementia and Alzheimer's. In addition there is a great deal of information on these areas as they are well known and have been studied a lot. My husband after a great deal of research found the drinking water in all the Blue Zones is high in Silica due to the underlying geology of the areas. We were both very surprised by these findings. Each time he would go to research the next Blue Zone we would wonder will he be able to find the data and would there be high levels of silica in the drinking water. When he got to the last Blue Zone, Loma Linda I thought there was no way he would find high silica in the drinking water. Their drinking water is high in silica and one of the tenets of the 7th day Adventists religion is to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
Here are the 5 Blue Zones:
• Okinawa, Japan – The largest island in a subtropical archipelago that has the world’s longest lived women.
• Villagrande, Sardinia – A small mountainous region on an island off the coast of Italy with the world’s highest concentration of male centenarians.
• Ikaria, Greece – An island off the coast of Greece in the Aegean Sea that has one of the lowest rates of middle age mortality in the world and the lowest rate of dementia in the world.
• Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica – A region where residents have one of lowest rates of middle age mortality in the world and the second highest concentration of male centenarians.
• Loma Linda, California – City with the highest concentration of Seventh-day Adventists in the U.S.A. where they live ten years longer than the average American.

Regarding Finland there is a recent study 2017 titled Why does Finland have the highest dementia mortality rate? Environmental factors may be generalizable Arnold R.Eiser Mold was one of the things they looked at. This study didn't look at aluminum or silica water.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse