Dr. Rhonda: Get some DHA in phospholipid form

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
chrissyr
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Dr. Rhonda: Get some DHA in phospholipid form

Post by chrissyr »

thank you for emailing them Circ!
giftsplash
Contributor
Contributor

Post by giftsplash »

Does this mean it is now safe to take Nordic Naturals - Omega-3 Phospholipids due to them stripping out the Neu5Gc?
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

giftsplash wrote:Does this mean it is now safe to take Nordic Naturals - Omega-3 Phospholipids due to them stripping out the Neu5Gc?
I think so as long as their word is good?
Last edited by circular on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by apod »

Another one that I've come across recently is from the Bulletproof shop. The Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Phospholipids product has 200mg of DHA + 190mg of EPA in a $34 / 30x serving jar. The BP one is offering 480mg DHA + 885mg EPA (along with 2mg astaxanthin + 20mg olive fruit containing 5mg hydroxytyrosol + 70mg of GLA from borage seed oil) @ $50 / 60x servings

Although, it's unclear how much of the BP Krill Oil is in phospholipid form. It's sold as a "unique blend of Antarctic krill, Norwegian herring roe, Atlantic and Pacific fish oils," which could mean "uniquely... mostly fish oil."
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

To get 1000 mg DHA from the Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Phospholipids, one would have to take ten soft gels, no? And there would be 950 mg EPA in that as well, which seems like a lot. I wish we had more options.
4/4
DianeSC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DianeSC »

I googled Dr. Rhonda Patrick's supplement list 2018. Her list in January 2018 was available on fastlifehacks.com. Also, see Joe Rogan's podcast with her "Alzheimer's and Fish Oil Benefits."
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

DianeSC wrote: I googled Dr. Rhonda Patrick's supplement list 2018. Her list in January 2018 was available on fastlifehacks.com. Also, see Joe Rogan's podcast with her "Alzheimer's and Fish Oil Benefits."
Thanks! More products to investigate. Here's the fastlifehacks URL: https://fastlifehacks.com/dr-rhonda-patrick-fish-oil

Also: https://fastlifehacks.com/dr-rhonda-pat ... ments-list

Apparently she now takes both Norwegian PURE-3 DHA and wild salmon roe caviar.
4/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

apod wrote:Another one that I've come across recently is from the Bulletproof shop. The Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Phospholipids product has 200mg of DHA + 190mg of EPA in a $34 / 30x serving jar. The BP one is offering 480mg DHA + 885mg EPA (along with 2mg astaxanthin + 20mg olive fruit containing 5mg hydroxytyrosol + 70mg of GLA from borage seed oil) @ $50 / 60x servings

Although, it's unclear how much of the BP Krill Oil is in phospholipid form. It's sold as a "unique blend of Antarctic krill, Norwegian herring roe, Atlantic and Pacific fish oils," which could mean "uniquely... mostly fish oil."
True. I take two NN Omega-3 but I also eat a lot of high omega fish and take some cod liver oil. Not sure if cod liver oil is phospholipid form. I'm guessing not or Dr. Patrick would have mentioned it in some way?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
SoCalGuy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SoCalGuy »

I've been taking the Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Phospholipids supplement. Has anyone tried the Vital Choice salmon roe she uses? I've tried salmon roe from a local natural grocer and I wasn't very happy with the taste. I am by no means a caviar aficionado but it would be nice to know if the Vital Choice one is reasonably good before plunking down $129!
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Has anyone tried EurOmega-3?

http://www.euromedicausa.com/products/v ... euromega-3
Recommendations: 1-2 tablets daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.

EurOmega-3 is the ONLY Omega-3 with an unaltered ratio of bioidentical DHA/EPA attached to phospholipids and with peptides as it occurs in salmon (not chemically altered or artificially spiked), ensuring optimal absorption and improved stability.

The Omega-3 fatty acids bound to phospholipids in EurOmega-3 are easily recognized, absorbed, and utilized by the cells of the body for optimal health benefits*
Unique, scientifically studied bioactive salmon peptides not found in krill, flax, or fish oil
Extracted by a patented, French, chemical-free process using only enzymes and cold water – Hexane Free
Unaltered 2:1 ratio of DHA to EPA
Third party tested for purity – no concerns with toxins, heavy metals, or contaminants – Zero Rancidity
Last edited by mike on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonoma Mike
4/4