Introduction

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
PW1955
New User
New User

Introduction

Post by PW1955 »

Hi All, I am so grateful for this site, all the hard work and sharing! I am apoe 3/4, mother and grandmother died from Alzheimer’s complications. Prevention is my goal. Working with an excellent Bredesen Protocol trained nutritionist in Los Angeles, ReCode, just got my report. I’m seeking MD internist in Los Angeles who is also Bredesen savvy. Any thoughts so welcome!
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Introduction

Post by Jan »

Hi PW1955, I see you've been registered on the site for a while, and are now posting. Wonderful! I also see your strong motivation, because of your family history, and am so glad you are focused on prevention. It seems you've already made progress with your Bredesen-trained nutritionist, kudos to that! Diet is a very influential part of the overall protocol.

You may have already come across the site Primer here, written by member physician Stavia.

Here is a link to our developing Practitioner Wiki. https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/ApoE4-Awar ... ctitioners . (I see entries for Berkeley and San Rafael.) And others on the site might have information to contribute about an internist in (or near) Los Angeles.

Here's a Wiki about the Bredesen Protocol Wiki-Bredsen And the site search engine can be found by clicking the three stacked squares at the top right of each page.

If you'd like to tell us more about yourself, please consider posting an entry in Our Stories forum, which can be found here: viewforum.php?f=2 .

We look forward to your regular participation, and will be delighted to hear more about your progress. Again, welcome!
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
Korie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Korie »

HI PW1955! So glad you found us too :)

I think you will see that this is a group of amazingly supportive (and very informative) people. I love that you said 'prevention is your goal'. I feel like finding ways to become empowered is one of the best ways to create healing and wellness in our lives. I'll be your prevention cheerleader :mrgreen:
Functional Medicine Health & Wellness Coach
Apoe4 Intern
rramweb
New User
New User

Post by rramweb »

Hi,

Is there a way for you to share information regarding the nutritionist you are working with in Los Angeles and a Physician who can also meet with patients in Los Angeles. I contacted Bredesens office and they are not responding to emails (since Dec. 15, almost 3 weeks). I'm really in a desperate search for practitioners and help here in LA.

Please share :)

Thank you so much
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

rramweb wrote:Hi,

Is there a way for you to share information regarding the nutritionist you are working with in Los Angeles and a Physician who can also meet with patients in Los Angeles. I contacted Bredesens office and they are not responding to emails (since Dec. 15, almost 3 weeks). I'm really in a desperate search for practitioners and help here in LA.

Thank you so much
Hi rramweb,
Welcome to our community!
Here is the link to apoe4.info list of practitioners. I see, there are a few of them located in California.
Below that link, I have inserted the link to a list of apoe4.info aware health coaches.
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/ApoE4-Awar ... ctitioners
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/ApoE4-Awar ... th_Coaches

It is important to mention that many of the health providers offer tele-medicine consultations, which is a great alternative, if you decide to work with a practitioner from a different city or even state.
Usually the first initial visit requires in office visit and the rest of the appointments are on-line or over the phone. Something to consider...

I also would like to send you to a few excellent resources on our site: the first one is the PRIMER- a great place to start exploring apoe4.info, full of wonderful easy to digest information on Apoe4 allele, tips on prevention strategies, important biomarkers, here is the link:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418
The second one is a short cut to the Wiki page with a list of topics on issues very often discussed among our members:
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Main_Page

I hope you will be able to locate a practitioner in close proximity to your home. If you have more questions and concerns please do not hesitate to post.

My best,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

rramweb wrote:I'm really in a desperate search for practitioners and help here in LA.
Hi rram;

In addition to the links that Magna shared with you, there are a few other options for finding providers. You can find these other ideas in our wiki chapter on finding a healthcare practitioner.
Slacker
E4/E4
WifeOfJoel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by WifeOfJoel »

rramweb wrote:Hi,

Thank you so much
Hey rramweb!
I'm in Los Angeles. I will send you a PM so we can connect.
JLA

physician scientist
Me: APOε3/3, MTHFR (C677T) homozygote
Partner: APOε4/4
Mother: APOε3/4