Hello!! Newcomer here

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.

Your status, if comfortable disclosing

Heterozygous
No votes
Homozygous
100%
Unsure
No votes

Total votes: 2

Melarrrgh
New User
New User

Hello!! Newcomer here

Post by Melarrrgh »

Hello!
I’m new here and wanted to introduce myself. I am 31, Apoe4 homozygotic. Ever since discovering this fact I have been delving into the research and working to implement habits everyday to help curb my risk of developing conditions related to this variant. I have no family history of dementia, but a relatively strong history of cardiovascular issues in women (typically presents at advanced age). We also tend to live long, so at least there’s is that :)

Hi everyone! Look forward to learning with you!
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hello!! Newcomer here

Post by CarrieS »

Welcome to the Community Melarrrgh!
We're looking forward to learning as we journey forward with YOU too!
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Gillyp
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hello!! Newcomer here

Post by Gillyp »

A very warm welcome Melarrrgh. It sounds like you have already taken some great steps in curbing your risk of developing any conditions related to your variant. It's also good news to hear that there is no family history of dementia. Making some of these changes now can have such a positive impact on your health. It can also help those connected with you as they see what you do and how you benefit. As you delve into this site you'll find a wealth of information on many different topics. The primer is a great place to start (viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418) and if you have any questions or things you'd like to share with the community you can always post them. We are here to support one another and to learn from each other and we'd love to hear more from you. Again, welcome.
ND, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
FMCA/Reversing Cognitive Decline - Pending Fall 2018