Finger print patterns and AD

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Nikki2019
Contributor
Contributor

Finger print patterns and AD

Post by Nikki2019 »

I came across this in an AD book written by Elwood Cohen M.D.
It almost sounds bogus so I thought I'd bring it up. Cohen states that " finger print patterns provide an early marker in identifying AD years before its onset".

If the ulnar loops point away from the thumb, toward the little finger then that may indicate AD in the future.

Has anyone heard of this?
As E4 s, we are inherent fighters and don't give up so easily.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Finger print patterns and AD

Post by NF52 »

Nikki2019 wrote:I came across this in an AD book written by Elwood Cohen M.D.
It almost sounds bogus so I thought I'd bring it up. Cohen states that " finger print patterns provide an early marker in identifying AD years before its onset".
If the ulnar loops point away from the thumb, toward the little finger then that may indicate AD in the future.
Nikki, with all the great info that's out there to read, I would put almost anything from 1999, when Dr. Cohen's book was published, into the "completely irrelevant" pile. It's sort of like looking at the 1999 Consumer Reports to find what the best cell phone is (oh wait; it looks like a kid's walkie talkie!) No one is using fingerprints as a biomarker or predictor of AD. Which is a good thing, because i had enough burns of my fingertips while working as the "french-fry girl" as a drive-in about 50 years ago that my fingerprints and palm prints could get me diagnosed with almost anything!
4/4 and still an optimist!
Nikki2019
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nikki2019 »

NF52
So true! Too funny! I need to deposit this book back to the library and save myself time from analyzing my fingerprints! This is the same book that says diabetes is good for AD!

The more relevant and current ketos thing so many are talking about is a little confusing to me too, though. In another book I read it talks of the greatness of coconut oil. Then I saw an MD podcast say if you are APoe4, you ought to go olive oil.
As E4 s, we are inherent fighters and don't give up so easily.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Nikki2019 wrote:I came across this in an AD book written by Elwood Cohen M.D.

No evidence. To me it sounds ridiculous.