Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Drinking Silica water prevents Alzheimer's in those with the APOE-E4 gene

Post by laurie »

harpsicon wrote:Laurie,

Just posted this on the other thread...

Do you have any information on the EveryDropWater brand filters found in a whole lot of refrigerators?

Thanks in advance!
I must not be in the other thread as I didn't see your post. Not sure what your question is. Is the body made of plastic or metal ? I looked at specifications for this filter and it says it removes lead. I am not sure how the filter is doing this as it appears they are only filtering particles. Sometimes I post that water filters can add aluminum to the water - if this was your question- this filter probably isn't. Filters that filter fluoride using alumina are the filters that add aluminum to your water. My husband has just completed researching ways to filter fluoride without adding aluminum. When he completes his write up I will post it.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
harpsicon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by harpsicon »

Laurie,

Thanks for this! What I was wondering about was whether this filter was of the apparently ideal sort, i.e. Brita, or more like other, less ideal, sorts. For us it's in a new fridge which is very convenient, and caused us to retire our Brita as a result. (Brita will now be used for making silicade!) However, it would also be convenient if these filters worked like Brita filters, a consideration we never took notice of before reading these threads. (The "other thread" was the one you started in Dec '17, introducing yourself to the group.) Not just failing to add Aluminum, but actively filtering it like the Brita apparently does.

Many thanks once again for your information and sharing!
shenmen100
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shenmen100 »

Laurie
Have you looked at the effects of drinking the herb Horsetail- Equisetum arvense- on clearing aluminum? It is high in silica and slightly diuretic, easy to find and pleasant tasting as a tea or in tincture form.
just wondering -thanks for all your information
Christy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Christy »

How would I go about testing for Aluminum being excreted in my urine? I have not yet been drinking silica water and could be a good candidate for the initial experiment presented in the first few pages. My 77 year old Dad with middle stage dementia lives with us, I would also be interested in testing him, implementing the water and reporting back our findings.
Chameleon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Chameleon »

Hi Christy,

Welcome to our APOE4 community! One test that may be helpful is the Doctor's Data Heavy Metals Urine Test. It does test for aluminum. You may need a doctor to order a kit for you. One practitioner that I work with also gives their patients DMSA prior to the test, which helps "provoke" the metals so the body will excrete them in the urine. So you may want to ask about that.

That would be very interesting experiment to do a before and after. Please let us know how it turns out.

Since you are new to us - I want to point out that there is a Primer that has lots of great information and a Wiki where you can do more targeted searches.

I look forward to hearing more from you!
Christy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Christy »

Thank you so much, Chameleon I appreciate your help and welcome!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Christy wrote:How would I go about testing for Aluminum being excreted in my urine? I have not yet been drinking silica water and could be a good candidate for the initial experiment presented in the first few pages. My 77 year old Dad with middle stage dementia lives with us, I would also be interested in testing him, implementing the water and reporting back our findings.
Christy I am so glad my post has gotten you interested in trying silica water for yourself and your Dad. Here is a link to a video you will be interested in. Dr. Exley at a conference presents data on people drinking silica water and their aluminum elimination. There are some graphs which are very interesting. Let me know if I can provide you with anymore information. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6pUS7dyI10
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

harpsicon wrote:Laurie,

Thanks for this! What I was wondering about was whether this filter was of the apparently ideal sort, i.e. Brita, or more like other,

Many thanks once again for your information and sharing!

You are welcome. The Brita filter is a cation exchange resin. My husband has recently been doing additional research on water filters as the Brita doesn't remove fluoride and fluoride in combination with aluminum is more toxic than aluminum itself. I will post the information in this forum.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
tonychar
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tonychar »

That’s great Laurie! Can you ask your husband if a ZeroWater filter would work?

ZeroWater removes ALL minerals from water (post filtration TDS is 0). Then pure sodium silicate can be added after the filtration?
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

shenmen100 wrote:Laurie
Have you looked at the effects of drinking the herb Horsetail- Equisetum arvense- on clearing aluminum? It is high in silica and slightly diuretic, easy to find and pleasant tasting as a tea or in tincture form.
just wondering -thanks for all your information
My husband and Dr. Chris Exley have tested horsetail. The silica found in horsetail is only slightly soluble. The best source of silica is found in mineral water. The silica found in mineral water is OSA (orthosilicic acid) which is the bioavailable form of silica. Research has shown that OSA is effective at removing aluminum from our body. Here are my husbands testing results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse