Is AHNP Health a trustworthy company?

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
AlisonMolinari
Contributor
Contributor

Is AHNP Health a trustworthy company?

Post by AlisonMolinari »

Is AHNP Health a trustworthy company? I signed up 2 weeks ago for the one time RECODE report and the customer service has been horrendous!! I'm starting to get worried that I threw $1400 away. They don't return phone calls or answer email messages. It took several days after I signed up to get any sort of confirmation. And then the company that called me to schedule the bloodwork called from a different company that I've never heard of, and they didn't know who AHNP was, so I wasn't even sure if the 2 were related. And then they scheduled the bloodwork and told me I would receive a test kit in the mail by last Wednesday, which I still have not received, and so I started calling last week and they have not answered their phone or returned any messages. And finally, I've been calling and emailing to ask if I should take my thyroid meds the morning of the bloodwork. No response. Also, I'd like to add some optional tests, and they are not responding about that either. Is there another way to get a hold of them? I've been using 650-389-7633. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Is AHNP Health a trustworthy company?

Post by NF52 »

AlisonMolinari wrote:Is AHNP Health a trustworthy company? I signed up 2 weeks ago for the one time RECODE report and the customer service has been horrendous!! I'm starting to get worried that I threw $1400 away...
Welcome, Alison,
I'm sorry that you are experiencing such serious questions about your decision to get a ReCODE report from AHNP: Precision Heath. As it happens, someone posted a similar concern yesterday. Here's the link to that post, with a reply and some suggestions I had for "Sarah". Change in Bredesen practitioner access MPI website. Although many members of the forum follow some version of Dr. Bredesen's recommendations either by themselves or through functional medical providers, the forum itself is not affiliated with AHNP.

I do know from reading some info from a member who used the service that they contract with another company to provide lab services. (I imagine it's like my car insurance company contracting with a national company that specializes in glass repair, no matter where their customers live.) So while it's surprising that the person who contacted you about the lab requisition didn't know the name "AHNP", it also possible that's because it was someone processing a lab form, not versed in who is requesting the lab. Since it sounds like the lab company does have you as a ReCODE client, you may want to focus on contacting them to get them to expedite the form. I do think one member posted that his came later than promised also.

As for your thyroid meds, I won't try to answer the question of whether you should take them that morning. I do know that when I have ordered direct to consumer blood work, it does come with directions as to any conditions (fasting, etc) that I should follow before the lab printed right on the form.

Have you been given access to the data entry portal to enter your health history on AHNP? My understanding is that doing that, along with the lab work, allows the report to be generated "immediately."

Please share how this progresses. I'm sure we're all hoping it turns out better than it has so far.
4/4 and still an optimist!
srbogert
Contributor
Contributor

Post by srbogert »

Hello Alison, Welcome to the group. Like NF52 above, I am sorry that you are experiencing difficulty with AHNP. They are a relatively new organization (having taken over from Bredesen's original company MPI Cognition). It appears that they are experiencing some growing pains. I hope that you get what you need from them soon. Please keep the group informed on your experience.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
lanceahnp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lanceahnp »

Hello Alison,

Thank you for reaching out to AHNP Precision Health. We sincerely apologize for the frustration you’ve experienced because of our delayed response time. Our support team has informed me that the issues you raised have been or are being addressed, and that one of our team members will follow up with you to answer any additional questions you may have. Please contact me directly if this is not the case.

Right now, our support team is diligently working through an influx of emails and phone calls. We’ve experienced substantial growth in recent months as awareness of The Bredesen Protocol spreads, and we hope you’ll bear with us as we work through these growing pains. To this end, we’re in the process of expanding our support team and streamlining procedures to handle the increased interest from future participants and practitioners alike.

Please know we are thankful for your continued support and hope that you’ll be understanding of our current situation. AHNP is working tirelessly to help educate folks about Dr. Bredesen's protocol and reduce the global burden of dementia.

Kind regards,

Lance Kelly, CTO AHNP Precision Health (lance@ahnphealth.com).
AlisonMolinari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AlisonMolinari »

Thank you for the explanation Lance. I finally received a phone call and email message back from AHNP. The representative apologized up and down that it took so long to respond. She explained that your demand has doubled in the last 2 months and that you are working hard to increase staffing to accommodate the demand. I also learned that the best phone number to call is 800-450-0805, which is not the one that I found on your website. I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you and so many people have found you. Good luck with the growing pains.
MSV
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MSV »

Hello All,
I have been reading various info on this website for a few weeks now and just signed up. I, too, am very frustrated with AHNP Health's slow response. After paying the $1400 I did receive info on how to get my bloodwork done in my home town. Quest, the company, that I was told to use, processed my bloodwork immediately and sent me my raw results within two days. But it has been another six weeks since then and I still have no results from AHNP. Each email I send to the company (three so far) receives an emailed response that they are having difficulties and thanking me for my patience. But I've run out of patience! So don't expect quick results - although my payment was processed quickly.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

MSV wrote:Hello All,
I have been reading various info on this website for a few weeks now and just signed up. I, too, am very frustrated with AHNP Health's slow response. After paying the $1400 I did receive info on how to get my bloodwork done in my home town. Quest, the company, that I was told to use, processed my bloodwork immediately and sent me my raw results within two days. But it has been another six weeks since then and I still have no results from AHNP. Each email I send to the company (three so far) receives an emailed response that they are having difficulties and thanking me for my patience. But I've run out of patience! So don't expect quick results - although my payment was processed quickly.
Welcome to the forum MSV!

I am truly sorry you are experiencing longer than expected time on generating your report by AHNP. As you probably know AHNP is a relatively new company and due to success of the Recode Protocol they are going through a phase of tremendous growth and increased interest.
I am sure one of the representatives of the company will reach out to you very soon.

As for now, I would like to invite you to explore our forum. A wonderful place to start looking around, if you have not found it yet, is the PRIMER. The Primer is a wealth of information on prevention strategies, science behind Apoe4 allele, biochemistry, diet ideas and much more.
If you need any tips on how to get the most of the forum this link will be very useful.

We would like to learn more about you. When the moment is right please tell us more about yourself. A great place to post you introduction is Our Stories.

If at any point of your journey concerns and questions arise please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Let me put on my moderator hat and interject a cautionary note here to anyone considering future posts about AHNP. ApoE4.info is not associated with AHNP, we can’t do anything about their business practices, and our community guidelines cite that discussions in our forums include respect. From the community guidelines https://www.apoe4.info/wp/community-guidelines/ on respect “All posts and private messages should be courteous. Disagree with ideas, not people. You may not attack, insult, undermine, or belittle anyone. This broad prohibition extends beyond other members and this community to the world at large.”

So while I can appreciate everyone’s frustration, I don't want to see this thread get ugly. Whether deserving or not, we are not here for folks to air grievances, we are not the Better Business Bureau, we are here to discuss areas of interest to ApoEε4s.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

MSV wrote: I have been reading various info on this website for a few weeks now and just signed up. I, too, am very frustrated with AHNP Health's slow response. After paying the $1400 I did receive info on how to get my bloodwork done in my home town. Quest, the company, that I was told to use, processed my bloodwork immediately and sent me my raw results within two days. But it has been another six weeks since then and I still have no results from AHNP. Each email I send to the company (three so far) receives an emailed response that they are having difficulties and thanking me for my patience. But I've run out of patience! So don't expect quick results - although my payment was processed quickly.
AHNP's CTO Lance Kelly has shared his work email two posts above your initial post with us. You might want to reach out to him personally.
Slacker
E4/E4
CoachMT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachMT »

Magda wrote:
MSV wrote:Hello All,
Welcome to the forum MSV!

I am truly sorry you are experiencing longer than expected time on generating your report by AHNP. As you probably know AHNP is a relatively new company and due to success of the Recode Protocol they are going through a phase of tremendous growth and increased interest.
I am sure one of the representatives of the company will reach out to you very soon.

As for now, I would like to invite you to explore our forum. A wonderful place to start looking around, if you have not found it yet, is the PRIMER. The Primer is a wealth of information on prevention strategies, science behind Apoe4 allele, biochemistry, diet ideas and much more.
If you need any tips on how to get the most of the forum this link will be very useful.

We would like to learn more about you. When the moment is right please tell us more about yourself. A great place to post you introduction is Our Stories.

If at any point of your journey concerns and questions arise please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Magda
I want to second Magda's welcome MSV! It’s great to have you as a member of this active community! And wonderful to hear that you’ve been following the ApoE4.Info site and keeping informed through it over the past several weeks. Great to hear that you are proactively taking steps to assess your baseline status via AHNP/ReCODE tests. I see you’ve already had a chance to post and receive responses from community members- what a great example of the great resources and community the site provides each of us!

Magda shared some terrific links to use to get started, I was thinking you may also be interested in checking out eating a healthy diet with heaps of micronutrients, as an additional reference.

Great to have you as a member and please do not hesitate to reach out to us with questions.
Best,
Mandy
-Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline (FMCA)
-Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
-National Board Certified- Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)