Video access to Denver Low Carb Conference, March 8 – 10, 2019

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Video access to Denver Low Carb Conference, March 8 – 10, 2019

Post by TheresaB »

I’m not affiliated, just passing this info along.

The 4th annual Colorado Low Carb Conference is coming up, March 8 – 10, 2019

I don’t see any presentations discussing Alzheimer’s, but there are plenty on cholesterol, insulin resistance/diabetes (related to Alzheimer’s aka Type 3 Diabetes), and low carb high fat (LCHF)/ketogenic diets, and longevity – all subjects of interest to ApoE4s (see speaker listing below).

All the presentations (just as in the past) will eventually be available for free on YouTube (the Low Carb Down under channel and the Denver Diet Doctor website , but that can take months, so if interested in real time/near real time access, for $60 you can gain access to the livestream and the unedited livestream as recorded for 4 weeks after the conference here

Every year the conference has grown in attendance. This year the conference moved from the mountains to a conference center near the airport in Denver. The new venue can hold 650 attendees, and the in person tickets were SOLD OUT by the end of January, a testament to the quality of speakers this event attracts.

Confirmed speakers and topics:
Gary Taubes – How to Think About How to Eat: Lessons from the front line of LCHF clinical practice”
David Ludwig, MD, PhD – “The Carbohydrate-Insulin Model of Obesity: From Metabolism to Management of Type 1 Diabetes”
Dariush Mozaffarian, DrPh, MPH, MD, BS – “A history of nutrition science: Implications for current research, dietary guidelines and food policy”
Gary Taubes, Dariush Mozaffarian, Ivor Cummins (moderator) – Panel discussion: “Appropriate Dietary Guidelines for Improving Population Health – What does the Balance of Evidence Suggest?”
David Unwin, MD – “Choosing Our Low Carb Battles”
Jen Unwin, BSc, MSc, DPsy, FBPsS – “Behavior change ‘in a nutshell’ “
Ben Bikman, PhD – “The Metabolic Advantage”
Jason Fung, MD•Nadia Pateguana, ND – “Polycystic Ovary Syndrome”
Nina Teicholz – “The US Dietary Guidelines – Why They Matter and How They Might Change”
Brett Scher, MD – “2018 Cholesterol Updates: What Do They Mean For Low Carb?”
Nadir Ali, MD – “β-oxidation as the primary driver of LDL on an LCHF diet”
John Schoonbee, MD – “Saving Lives and Healthcare Dollars”
Mike Eades, MD – “The Incretin Effect and Insulin Resistance”
Zoë Harcombe, PhD – “What about fiber?”
Jake Kushner, MD – “Low carb nutrition for type 1 diabetes, a practical guide”
Robb Wolf – “Will a Low Carb Diet Shorten Your Life?”
Paul Mason, MD – “Interpreting blood tests on a low carb or ketogenic diet”
Sarah Hallberg, DO, MS – “What is the Evidence for using a Low Carb Approach to treat Diabetes”
Dawn Lemanne, MD – “Harnessing Evolution During Cancer Therapy”
Mariela Glandt, MD – “Reawakening the Pancreas”
Andreas Eenfeldt, MD – “Maintaining weight loss and remission of diabetes: How sustainable is it?”
Caryn Zinn, PhD – “Building Healthy Athletes: From beginner to winner!”
Lily Nichols, RnD – “Is Low Carb Safe During Pregnancy?”
Georgia Ede, MD – “EAT-Lancet’s Plant-Based Planet: Food in the (Mis)anthropocene”
Maria Emmerich – “Oxidative Priority – How our bodies process fuels”
Eric Westman, MD, MHS – “Keto Medicine: The Practice of Carbohydrate Restriction”
Priyanka Wali, MD – “Staying on top of the data - Insulin Resistance and Sexual Health”
Dave Feldman – “New Data on Energy, Exercise, and Cholesterol”
Ivor Cummins, BE(Chem) CEng MIEI (moderator, speaker) – “Avoiding and Resolving Modern Chronic Disease”
Mikhaila Peterson – “What I did when low carb stopped working for me”
Jeffry Gerber, MD (organizer, chairperson, speaker) – “When Weight Loss Stalls”
Rod Tayler, MD (organizer, chairperson
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
shenmen100
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Video access to Denver Low Carb Conference, March 8 – 10, 2019

Post by shenmen100 »

Hi Theresa
I will be attending in person. I watched the videos from last year and was very impressed. Are you going? If so, it would be great to meet you and G and anyone else in community attending.
DaleBru
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DaleBru »

I plan to buy the streaming method, especially now that you have posted the speaker list. I've watched the videos from Low Carb Houston 2018 that have been posted on YouTube, some only last month, and I highly recommend them.
Thanks for posting this event.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

shenmen100 wrote:Hi Theresa
I will be attending in person. I watched the videos from last year and was very impressed. Are you going? If so, it would be great to meet you and G and anyone else in community attending.
Yes, I'll be going, my third year. I'll PM you.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Rick
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rick »

I am also going and it would be nice to meet up with others from this group.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Rick wrote:I am also going and it would be nice to meet up with others from this group.
Rick,
I will PM you.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

FYI, if you want to attend the Low Carb Denver conference, well, you're in luck. While it was sold out at the end of January, the hotel accommodating the conference offered up more space. There are now more in-person tickets on sale. So far I understand they have over 700 attendees.

https://denversdietdoctor.com/low-carb- ... XzoTnCtaQw

If attending in person is too far to travel/cost prohibitive, but you are interested, the video live stream, which I initially announced in this thread, is still available for $60 and provides unedited access to the presentations for 4 weeks after the conference, also available in the above link.

Eventually all the presentations will be edited and available on-line for free, but they're posted approx 1 a week for many months, so if there's one particular talk you're interested in, it may take a while for the free version.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4