Indianapolis area meetup

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
Punch
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Indianapolis area meetup

Post by Punch »

I'm in! I vote for an in-person meeting, for what it's worth. What a fun/worthwhile way to spend some time with good people. Dale, mad props to you for stepping up and suggesting this. Count me in, and let's *hope* a date/time is selected that works with most people's schedules.
DaleBru
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DaleBru »

I've sent private messages to each of you who expressed interest, along with my email address. Let me know if I missed you. It seems we have several people, and this first meeting will likely be face to face and informal.

I'm the newbie here and I suspect that all of you are far ahead of me. Thanks for being so willing to share.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Thanks for organizing Dale! Will you be suggesting times/dates by posting here or only by PM/email to those who have indicated interest so far? I vote for posting in this thread to throw a wider net! Ultimately up to you, since you have kindly stepped up to to the work... :D
Slacker
E4/E4
DaleBru
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DaleBru »

IndyWoman is working with me on this, so she'll help with decisions like this. My bias is to post the meeting time etc. here when it's established. But if you want to participate in the "negotiation" about when and where and so forth, that may be on a long email thread between now and then. I'm retired and still very busy, but my schedule is very flexible, so I'm eager to accommodate your schedule.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Indywoman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Indywoman »

Slacker wrote:
Will you be suggesting times/dates by posting here or only by PM/email to those who have indicated interest so far? I vote for posting in this thread to throw a wider net!
I will set up a Google Doc tomorrow, with some questions about preferred dates, times, and if you want the meetup to be freewheeling and/or have something in mind that you need help with or want to discuss. Slacker you want me to post the link for that Google Doc here, correct?
4/4. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Indy, you and Dale are doing the work - so you decide! I'm selfishly trying to avoid using online and email for communication for this event. 8-) I will go with the flow...
Slacker
E4/E4
Indywoman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Indywoman »

Okay, everyone! I put a Google Doc together where you can choose some dates that are good for you. There are also some questions as you scroll down the document, so please add your thoughts to those. Since I do not have your personal emails, I am inviting you through this link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mgd ... sp=sharing
4/4. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thanks to DaleBru & Indywoman for setting up. We could also do a class of some kind: cooking, yoga, meditation. Or, just meet at a Whole Foods and grab a lunch there from the hot & cold food bar. Just a thought. You locals may have much better ideas. :D

Selfishly, I hope to be able to see my son while in Indy. He's tough to catch as he's a pilot. He only has his Feb. schedule, but is off 2/25 & 2/26. I can't update March till 20-22. (I'm awaiting permission to edit the page to add my dates. EDIT: working now.)
DaleBru
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DaleBru »

We're seeing a growing consensus to meet during the first two weeks of March. IndyWoman and I are trying to contact "everyone" today, but I'm having trouble getting PM's to go out. So please update IndyWoman's Google Doc on her earlier post.

Thanks,
Dale
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Sadly, the first two weeks won't work for me. I'll be very sorry to miss this if you go ahead, but I am available the 19th and 20th. I've added details in the spreadsheet.