New Intern

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
dscoachRN
Contributor
Contributor

New Intern

Post by dscoachRN »

Hello!
I'm excited to be joining the Apoe4 community as an incoming intern. :D Thanks JML and slacker for welcoming me to participate.
Looking forward to learning along with you. My background is in directing neurological research trials. Over the 10 years of shepherding clients with AD and their care partners thru 2 years on average with us only to have to relay that this trial, too, failed to meet it's endpoints, I learned of Dale Bredesen's elegant research. (BTW, my former employer, just relayed Roche shut down it's most recent trial).... Some of us have seen the light(!) I was among the cohort trained by Dr. Bredesen in April 2016. I completed Functional Medicine Coaching Academy and began a business to see this approach taken forward.

So looking forward to seeing more avenues unfold in the context of this amazing supportive community!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New Intern

Post by floramaria »

dscoachRN wrote:Hello!
I'm excited to be joining the Apoe4 community as an incoming intern. :D Thanks Julie and Sandi for welcoming me to participate.
Looking forward to learning along with you. My background is in directing neurological research trials. Over the 10 years of shepherding clients with AD and their care partners thru 2 years on average with us only to have to relay that this trial, too, failed to meet it's endpoints, I learned of Dale Bredesen's elegant research. (BTW, my former employer, just relayed Roche shut down it's most recent trial).... Some of us have seen the light(!) I was among the cohort trained by Dr. Bredesen in April 2016. I completed Functional Medicine Coaching Academy and began a business to see this approach taken forward.

So looking forward to seeing more avenues unfold in the context of this amazing supportive community!
Dear dscoachRN, A warm welcome to you! It is wonderful that you are joining us as a Support Team Intern and bringing your unique viewpoint based on your 10+ years of experience directing neurological research trials. What a wonderful addition you are to our team. Julie has probably directed you to all the resources that you need as an intern, but if you have any questions I’m happy to help in any way I can. Just send a PM. I look forward to reading your posts and learning from your perspective. As you have noted, this is an amazing supportive community. We are very happy you are here!
Best wishes,
Floramaria
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

dscoachRN wrote:Hello!
I'm excited to be joining the Apoe4 community as an incoming intern... My background is in directing neurological research trials. Over the 10 years of shepherding clients with AD and their care partners thru 2 years on average with us only to have to relay that this trial, too, failed to meet it's endpoints, I learned of Dale Bredesen's elegant research. (BTW, my former employer, just relayed Roche shut down it's most recent trial).... Some of us have seen the light(!)..
Welcome dscoachRN!

It great to see your background and interest in supporting users of the forum, who come from diverse backgrounds (and countries, as SamNZ knows!) and follow almost as many paths as we have members. I am one of the people on a clinical trial right now (Generations 1) and would encourage you to check out the topics we've have on clinical trials. In spite of the disappointing results to date, I believe the researchers who say the knowledge about the disease process and the many risk factors and lifestyle modifications that can be affected decades before a diagnosis means those people you supported through the trials made a lasting contribution. For myself, the nurse practitioner I work with is a source of information, support, and encouragement--something that is helpful when it's time for all those blood tests!
4/4 and still an optimist!
dscoachRN
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dscoachRN »

Thank you NF52! Yes, great reminder that there are many paths to remaining hopeful. I will read clinical trials posts with interest as I worked in that field for 25 years & will always consider myself a research nurse. I can so appreciate what you gain by having access to your nurse practitioner. That was my favorite aspect of my role was being able to give individualized attention and support to my participants. As with my current coaching practice, offering support along the journey is the most gratifying aspect.

All the best!
Donna
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Looking forward to your contributions, welcome Donna.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

dscoachRN wrote:
Hello!
I'm excited to be joining the Apoe4 community as an incoming intern. :D Thanks JML and slacker for welcoming me to participate.

Welcome dscoachRN, so glad to have you here with us. Your background and experience will be a wonderful addition to the team!
warmly, Lucy