Introductions from New Zealand

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
SamNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Introductions from New Zealand

Post by SamNZ »

Hi everyone,

I am just about to start as an intern here so hope to be catching up with many of you over the next few months. I am unaware of my ApoE4 status at this stage but will be finding out. I have retrained as a Health coach and have have a passion to bring lifestyle medicine to the conventional medical space in a cost effective way. I have always had an interest in care of the elderly. Cognitive decline is so cruel with massive ripples out into the family and friend network. Dr Bredesen's book has inspired me to forge forward with developing my personal education and knowledge in this area and I will look forward to both being of service to and learning with you.

I am very grateful to have found, and be an integral part of this community.
Samantha McBride
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Red Tara
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Introductions from New Zealand

Post by Red Tara »

Welcome!

Em
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

Welcome Sam. Nice to see the local flag being flown.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

SamNZ wrote:Hi everyone,

I am just about to start as an intern here so hope to be catching up with many of you over the next few months. I am unaware of my ApoE4 status at this stage but will be finding out. I have retrained as a Health coach and have have a passion to bring lifestyle medicine to the conventional medical space in a cost effective way. I have always had an interest in care of the elderly. Cognitive decline is so cruel with massive ripples out into the family and friend network. Dr Bredesen's book has inspired me to forge forward with developing my personal education and knowledge in this area and I will look forward to both being of service to and learning with you.

Welcome SamNZ,

We are so happy and grateful that you are joining us on the Support Team! Your contributions will be so helpful. We are all learning from each other in this supportive community.
You have probably been introduced to the important tools that will help you as an intern, but if there is any way I can help, just send a PM.
thanks for joining our team.
best wishes, floramaria
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

SamNZ wrote:Hi everyone,
I am just about to start as an intern here so hope to be catching up with many of you over the next few months...
Welcome, SamNZ!

I am the lucky Support Team member who will be paired with you on Sundays (and will get to PM to apologize if I send you something at 2:00 AM NZ time!) The good news for all of us is that you will be sharing not only your knowledge and empathy, but your cultural competence in understanding differences in health care systems, and in the expectations of people who may come to this site with little background knowledge of ApoE 4, yet with hope to help elderly loved ones who have been diagnosed with dementia.

And for those who have not yet memorized their time zones around the world, New Zealand is 18 hours "ahead" of the U.S. Eastern time zone, so as I write this, it is 12:42 Sunday afternoon in N.Z. Time flies when you're meeting new friends!
4/4 and still an optimist!
SamNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SamNZ »

Thanks so much for all the welcomes, feeling very blessed to be a part of this community.
Samantha McBride