New_Member

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
swanlzs
Contributor
Contributor

New_Member

Post by swanlzs »

Hi - I joined the group recently and thought I'd introduce myself. I sent of for 23&Me for my husband and myself. I was concerned about my husband as his side of family has a number of AD. My side does not. However he came back as E3/E3 and I came back as E3/E4. Needless to say, I was surprised and am now on a mission to do what I can. Have generally always walked (6-8 miles/day) and tried to eat healthy. My Dr. has said I'm a "boring" patient which I take as a good thing. I am almost 67 hrs old. Both my husband and I are on no meds, normal BP, and sugar. Hoping for a long life and the E4 doesn't rear it's ugly head.
Thanks for all the info on this website. Lee
E3/E4
Still working full time at 67
skydancer
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New_Member

Post by skydancer »

Hi Swanlzs,
Welcome to the group! We are so glad to meet you, boring patient that you are, a good category to be in. It sounds like you and your husband are making healthy lifestyle choices and thinking ahead. There are amazing resources on this site and a community of people to support you to keep going. Please check out the primer and "How-To"Get the most out of the ApoE4.Info website on the Wiki Pages.
We would love to hear more about you and your concerns. Please keep in touch.
All best,
Skydancer
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline