Synapsin RX

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
seaweed
Contributor
Contributor

Synapsin RX

Post by seaweed »

Has anyone tried Synapsin nasal spray? (it's ginsenoside Rg3 plus nicotinamide riboside)

I just started it yesterday to aid in CIRS recovery after hearing Dr. Andrew Heyman discuss it on a podcast. My Shoemaker protocol doctor, who is also Bredesen certified, prescribed it for me.

So far it seems like magic. It's like my brain and memory actually WORK again...until it wears off and then my brain fog and memory issues return.
4/4 & prior CIRS (lyme + mold)
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Synapsin RX

Post by Plumster »

I don't have any experience with Synapsin, but just wanted to say that it sounds fantastic! Seaweed, may I ask what your protocol involves and for how long you'll be on it?

I see that Synapsin nasal spray is a prescription, but is there any reason why we shouldn't ALL be doing the CIRS protocol for prevention considering how prevalent it is?

I have had two mold exposures in my homes in the last decade. I haven't been tested and know I should . . .
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Good to hear you're getting improvement, seaweed! Life Extension has stopped carrying my nicatinamide riboside, so I've had my eye on this NAD nasal spray. Any thoughts?
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Plumster wrote:
I see that Synapsin nasal spray is a prescription
Interesting that it's a prescription, but isn't FDA approved. I'll ponder this...
Slacker
E4/E4
seaweed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by seaweed »

Julie G wrote:Good to hear you're getting improvement, seaweed! Life Extension has stopped carrying my nicatinamide riboside, so I've had my eye on this NAD nasal spray. Any thoughts?
Hi Julie - thanks!!

I'm not sure how much to credit the RG3 vs the NAD, so I couldn't say. Worth a try, though? I know Heyman said he was working on a sublingual version of RG3 + NAD that's non-Rx, so maybe that will be out soon
seaweed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by seaweed »

slacker wrote:
Plumster wrote:
I see that Synapsin nasal spray is a prescription
Interesting that it's a prescription, but isn't FDA approved. I'll ponder this...
It is so incredible how much I can get done at work now & how much my typing speed has increased. I used to type 90wpm, and was down to around 60wpm after my cognitive issues.
seaweed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by seaweed »

Plumster wrote:Seaweed, may I ask what your protocol involves and for how long you'll be on it?

I see that Synapsin nasal spray is a prescription, but is there any reason why we shouldn't ALL be doing the CIRS protocol for prevention considering how prevalent it is?

I have had two mold exposures in my homes in the last decade. I haven't been tested and know I should . . .
My protocol is basically the Shoemaker protocol, except I'm on Welchol instead of Cholestyramine (CSM). Because it was too hard to fit my other meds in with the CSM.

I tested positive for MARCoNs, and did BEG spray. It got rid of it but then I tested positive again but for a different mix of bacteria.

Also skipped the DHEA part of the protocol, even though my DHEA is low. I haven't added a supplement for that because I have endometriosis and a mood disorder (and it can affect both of those).

I also haven't started VIP because I wanted to try Synapsin first. Main reason for not starting VIP is that I may still be getting some exposure at work. Haven't had it tested yet, though.

But the most important part of my protocol was MOVING.

You should listen to the Bulletproof podcast with Dr. Heyman. It's the January 10, 2019 episode. Might help you decide to seek treatment.
seaweed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by seaweed »

Plumster wrote: is there any reason why we shouldn't ALL be doing the CIRS protocol for prevention considering how prevalent it is?
Mold exposure is obviously bad for everyone but it's extremely bad if you have the "multi-susceptible" haplotype, which I believe around 20% of people do. I have one copy.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

Thanks for your feedback, Seaweed. I listened to the Heyman interview you mentioned and I took the visual contrast test yesterday and think I did okay? (total score 39/45 (87%); biotoxin score 17/18 (94%))

I see that the visual contrast test is the way to find out if someone is getting better with treatment for biotoxins (source: https://www.survivingmold.com/docs/UNDE ... DITV2A.PDF). Any thoughts on follow-up tests I should consider to be absolutely sure or should I assume I'm good? Nasal culture test mentioned in Bredesen's book? I did have multiple mold experiences in prior homes and used to have many of the classic symptoms (runny nose, eyes, new allergies, stiffness in the am, night sweats, static shocks). But I feel generally fine now.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Plumster wrote: I see that the visual contrast test is the way to find out if someone is getting better with treatment for biotoxins (source: https://www.survivingmold.com/docs/UNDE ... DITV2A.PDF).
I have had 2 normal visual contrast tests (VCT), and a pretty obvious case of CIRS based on labs, mold levels in my house, and symptoms. So while I'm not offering an answer to your question, I did want to alert you to the possibility that the VCT might give a false sense of security. From my experience, CIRS is a murky condition indeed.
Slacker
E4/E4