To pay for full Bredesen account or not - prevention in uk

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
claudiam1
New User
New User

To pay for full Bredesen account or not - prevention in uk

Post by claudiam1 »

Hi all, I am interested in getting a cognoscopy of blood tests for my 50th birthday present to myself (!) and so is my husband as we both have parents with dementia. We have read Dr Bredesen’s book and were following his work before that. We eat a paleo ketogenic diet with intermittent fasting, exercise, do yoga and meditation, optimise sleep, and paid for the BrainHQ app a year ago, and take supplements from cytoplan as recommended here in the uk. We can’t decide whether to pay the extra monthly subscription for a full report or just to pay for the bloods ourselves as per the protocol. Has anyone here got a sample report so I can see what it actually looks like? And, can someone explain what monthly Town Hall meetings are and what other benefits there might be to signing up for a year? Thank you!
dscoachRN
Contributor
Contributor

Re: To pay for full Bredesen account or not - prevention in uk

Post by dscoachRN »

Hi Claudiam1,
Welcome to the ApoE4 site! Glad you found this forum as there are many who may contribute to your question. To get the most out of this site, we recommend familiarizing yourself through the Primer:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418Primer
and our wiki:
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Main_Page

Congratulations on your birthday intention! You & your husband sound like motivated, early adopters and have done well to implement all you have to date! As a Bredesen health coach, what I can say is many do find the benefits of a dedicated team - practitioner & health coach can further optimize your personalized program. The report is broken down into Dr. Bredesen's subtypes with your dominant type at top. The Town Halls are offered monthly and as a subscriber you can submit questions to Dr. Bredesen through support@drbredesen.com. I always learn a great deal through the Town Halls. The site also offers program guides, e.g. 'ready to track ketones?' or Nutrition drill down.

All the best in your journey & keep asking your good questions! :)
dscoachRN
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Re: To pay for full Bredesen account or not - prevention in uk

Post by Lucy5 »

Hi Claudiam1 and welcome!

Clearly both you and your husband have already implemented a number of lifestyle changes based on Dr. Bredesen's wonderful work. A cognoscopy at 50 is certainly proactive and I applaud your take-charge approach!

There's a forum thread here you may find helpful discussing the ReCODE report for prevention. A member who recently signed up for ReCODE has posted the labs that were included in her report. You may also want to check out our Wiki section on Biomarkers providing a list of tests members have expressed interest in. It includes a description of what each specific test measures which I've found very helpful. Another Wiki resource you may find useful is the Direct to Consumer Lab Testing Options

As a new member, we highly recommend you browse though our site Primer. It's an excellent and extremely thorough resource about the ApoE4 gene with clearly stated, prioritized strategies to mitigate the potential impacts it brings with it. For some great tips on navigating our site more easily, be sure to take a look at our How-To-Guide. And to search for topics on the forums of interest to you, just click on the magnifying glass along the upper right of this page.

Claudiam1, as you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Looking forward to hearing more from you along the way.
warmly, Lucy