Any NORCAL folks interested in a get together?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
Daymoo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Any NORCAL folks interested in a get together?

Post by Daymoo »

I’m in Marin, and I’d like to meet up as well. Weekends are best. FYI, I am a strong “maybe”—I don’t get out much because of infections, but I’m going to try.
Last edited by Daymoo on Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Existence/is neither/a right nor//privilege/nor any//thing but
a/miracle. -Cid Corman
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Hi all. I tried to get everyone who was interested, along with their locations (see below). If you didn't get an email, let me know. It seems like we have enough to start planning date and location. Based on the 8 folks, I think it looks like maybe Marin would be the center... KatieS, does that work for you, or would Napa or Sonoma make more sense? Metta4, you said you would prefer a weekend - how about other folks? If a weekend, what time? Do we want to meet at somewhere we can eat, or not? Any ideas on locations?
mike wrote:Sonoma
Daymoo wrote:Marin
cflegal wrote:Sonoma
PSu82537%a6r_dnz wrote:SF?
cdamaden wrote:Alameda
GoldenGirl wrote:Napa
KatieS wrote:A few hours away
Metta4 wrote:East Bay
Sonoma Mike
4/4
Daymoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Daymoo »

I am looking for a quiet cafe or restaurant for myself here in Marin. If anyone knows of quiet, organic food venues, that would be a good place to start.
Existence/is neither/a right nor//privilege/nor any//thing but
a/miracle. -Cid Corman
cflegal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cflegal »

I am no help on organic suggestions. Towns that might work include Novato, Sonoma, Napa, and Vallejo.
Metta4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Metta4 »

I don't know Marin that well, but I had weekend meetings at Royal Grounds on 4th st. in San Rafael a couple of times and it seemed relatively quiet and they didn't mind that we stayed a long time nursing one cup of coffee. Most cafes are not low carb friendly, but there is one that serves food on the same street (tastekitchen) that at least provides a wider menu and bullet proof coffee, so maybe they have some keto-friendly items too. I've never been there, though. Marin-ites? Menus below.

https://menupages.com/royal-ground-coff ... san-rafael
https://www.tastekitchenandtable.com/
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Please count me in for NORCAL get together.
Starfish77
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Here is another choice - a new Good Earth near the freeway just south of Mill Valley. Further for us folks in the north than something like Novato, but should work for others? It is a grocery store with Deli/Cafe.

https://www.genatural.com/organic-kitch ... ll-valley/
Sonoma Mike
4/4
GoldenGirl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GoldenGirl »

mike wrote:Hi all. I tried to get everyone who was interested, along with their locations (see below). If you didn't get an email, let me know. It seems like we have enough to start planning date and location. Based on the 8 folks, I think it looks like maybe Marin would be the center... KatieS, does that work for you, or would Napa or Sonoma make more sense? Metta4, you said you would prefer a weekend - how about other folks? If a weekend, what time? Do we want to meet at somewhere we can eat, or not? Any ideas on locations?
mike wrote:Sonoma
Daymoo wrote:Marin
cflegal wrote:Sonoma
PSu82537%a6r_dnz wrote:SF?
cdamaden wrote:Alameda
GoldenGirl wrote:Napa
KatieS wrote:A few hours away
Metta4 wrote:East Bay
Hi mike. Weekends are fine with me. I don’t know much about restaurants or meeting places in Marin. I’m open to any suggestion, but one thing to think about is if we have at least 8 people and we go to some place to eat, hopefully it won’t be too noisy. I don’t know about others, but I’m finding it impossible to hear when there is background noise, and if I’m with any more than about 4 people, I can’t hear the people sitting at the end of the table. If there is a Panera, that’s usually a quiet enough place, as the music is never too loud. Plus, if people want to eat, they can order soup and sandwich or whatever. Some may just want a coffee or smoothie. Anyway, it might be a boring suggestion, but Panera’s are usually pretty good meeting spots.
cdamaden
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by cdamaden »

I prefer weekends, although I’m not available this weekend (3/30-31). All the places sound fine by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chris
E4/E4
Alameda, CA, USA
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

I've heard a couple folks say they prefer weekends... Anyone object? If not are folks more interested in daytime or rather evening? If folks wanted a bit of an outing and willing to drive further, we do have a couple decent wineries up this way... Or redwoods. Or Safari West...
Sonoma Mike
4/4