URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Including yourself, how many people from your family do you think are likely to enroll?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:52 am

2%
68%
24%
7%
No votes

Total votes: 119

sarahb12
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Post by sarahb12 »

Will the study be looking at epigentics? I think that could be useful too.
E3/E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Will the study be looking at epigentics? I think that could be useful too.
Yes. Metabolomics, proteomics, and standard biomarkers will be correlated against anthropometric data, diet, lifestyle, and supplement strategies.
sarahb12
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by sarahb12 »

Oh cool! Will we have access to our own data?
E3/E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Oh cool! Will we have access to our own data?
Absolutely. And, we'll have access to all other member's anonymized data so that we can explore which strategies appear to be having the most advantageous effects. Those of us who've been working on this think it's an amazing opportunity to advance the science while optimizing our own health.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

sabaka wrote:Hi Julie!
I am e4/e4 healthy woman. I added 2 people from my family to the poll.
However, I would like to volunteer on this project. I am a software engineer with over 20 years of experience and knowledge of machine learning, data science, application development. Lately I was thinking of developing a tool like that myself. How can I become a part of the team and work on this project? I live in Silicon Valley. I currently teach computer science and will have time to volunteer.
Lana
A warm welcome, Lana!
I noticed that you joined the forum last month, so you may have had time to browse and find lots of features. As a software engineer, you probably also found how open-source software sometimes drives "coders" crazy! Like you, I consider myself a healthy and happy ApoE 4/4 at almost 67.
If you have not had the chance to check out some of the forums and resources of this site, here are some handy links:

We encourage new users to share their own stories of finding out about ApoE 4, their own best practices to enjoy a healthy life and any questions or favorite topics on Our Stories. Stories like yours, of being a successful software engineer in an often male-dominated field, show that ApoE 4 can be associated with many positive life stories--something that can get overlooked.

"How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website is our "work-around" resource and time-saver for users.

The Wiki is a constantly improving resource of in-depth information on topics of interest.

The Primer is an easy-to-browse resource with topic headings of topics related to strategies to understand and minimize the effects of ApoE4 that you can begin at a pace that works for you.

As for your central question of how to become involved, it may be most direct to contact the two links Julie G posted in her announcement Prodrome Sciences and/or Open Cures.

We hope you continue to post and welcome your commitment to helping others.
4/4 and still an optimist!
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

jkramer65 wrote:Please include me in this study. I'm 100% committed. e4/e4 healthy and coming on 54 yo.
Hi jkramer65!

Thanks for your interest!

Just a quick tip: to quote a member, click on the quotation mark in the upper right hand corner of their post. If it's a long post, you can start at the last [/quote] at the end of their post, and delete backwards most of the text. If you click on "Preview" it should show a bracketed quote like the one with your edited post above. If it doesn't, it probably means you're missing that last bracket. For a screen shot pictures of these directions, check out this: Using the Quote function
4/4 and still an optimist!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I responded that I would be the only one in the family participating, but one of my adult children is now also expressing interest.
Great, Nancy! We designed the poll so that you can change your vote.
Lynnprep
New User
New User

Post by Lynnprep »

I would like to participate
ZenGinner
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ZenGinner »

I signed up. I am asking my family members, but don't assume much help. (Two of them won't even get genetically tested, and one would not have the excess income.)

If the testing and sampling is done quarterly, does anyone know why it would be a MONTHLY fee of $50-$125?
KK
52, ε4/ε4
Vegan
Sylvia
New User
New User

Post by Sylvia »

Hi - I am interested! I don't see any way to respond to the poll... This is my first post. thank you! :)