URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Including yourself, how many people from your family do you think are likely to enroll?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:52 am

2%
68%
24%
7%
No votes

Total votes: 119

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: URGENT: Biomarker Study Opportunity for ApoE4.Info Members

Post by Julie G »

Enormous thanks to all who participated in our poll. It's now closed, but that doesn't mean that you won't be able to participate. We were simply gauging community interest for an NIH grant. Specific details will follow as we firm things up.

In the meantime, I encourage everyone to continue exploring metabolomic and proteomic research as it relates to our risk pathologies. To get you started, here's a few recent papers exploring metabolites as they relate to longevity, dementia, and a few relating to cardiovascular disease- here & here. It's very exciting to think that we may soon have the opportunity to track our own levels to gauge the effect our strategies are having on our overall health while simultaneously propelling ApoE4 understanding forward.
Blee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Blee »

Julie G wrote:Hi Friends! Over the past year, we’ve been collaborating with Prodrome Sciences and OpenCures on a project to advance APOE-ε4 science.
Hi Julie, I may have missed it in all of the replies to this topic, but is there any expectation of when this may begin?
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

This project has many moving parts, and the timeframe is still uncertain. Any guess we make right now is likely to be wrong.
cbalkon
New User
New User

Post by cbalkon »

I'd be interested in being included in the study also, as would many of my family members. I think the poll must be closed now.
zandell
New User
New User

Post by zandell »

I am interested in this study...however, the deadline for the poll has passed...
moncksboy
New User
New User

Post by moncksboy »

Sounds like something I would interested in participating in.
I just recently discovered the significance of the APOe4 allele; I am 3/4. I was just looking to verify my inheritance.
I have been 'doing keto' off and on for about 2 years and thru that discovered Dr. Bredesen, via Dr BOZ on youtube.
Thanks for having this site.
jwh
dscoachRN
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dscoachRN »

Hi cbalkon,
Thanks for your interest & welcome to the ApoE4 community! Unfortunately, the poll did close on April 5. But stayed tuned for updates on the study itself.

As you've just recently joined us, we highly recommend reading our site Primer written by a member practicing physician. In addition to being a great way to learn more about our community, it's truly a wonderful source of information about this ApoE4 gene of ours and offers clearly stated, prioritized lifestyle strategies focused on mitigating its effects. You'll find our siteWiki has more in-depth discussions on topics of interest to our members. For tips on how to get the most our of our website, check out our How-To-Guide. And to search our forums for topics of interest to you, just click on the magnifying glass along the upper right of this page.

Cbalkon, please don't hesitate to ask questions of the group at any time as they come up. And again, welcome!
warmly,
dscoachRN
dscoachRN
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dscoachRN »

Hi Moncksboy,
Thanks for your interest and welcome to the ApoE4 community! We're glad you found us. Unfortunately, the poll did close on April 5. But look for updates on the study itself.

As you've just recently joined us, we highly recommend reading our site Primer written by a member practicing physician. In addition to being a great way to learn more about our community, it's truly a wonderful source of information about this ApoE4 gene of ours and offers clearly stated, prioritized lifestyle strategies focused on mitigating its effects. You'll find our site Wiki has more in-depth discussions on topics of interest to our members. For tips on how to get the most our of our website, check out our How-To-Guide. And to search our forums for topics of interest to you, just click on the magnifying glass along the upper right of this page.

Moncksboy, please don't hesitate to ask questions of the group at any time as they come up. And again, welcome!
dscoachRN
dscoachRN
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dscoachRN »

Hi Zandell,
Unfortunately, the poll did close on April 5. But look for updates on the study itself. Welcome to the ApoE4 community! Feel free to introduce yourself & don't hesitate to ask questions of the group at any time they come up.

As you've just recently joined us, we highly recommend reading our site Primer written by a member practicing physician. In addition to being a great way to learn more about our community, it's truly a wonderful source of information about this ApoE4 gene of ours and offers clearly stated, prioritized lifestyle strategies focused on mitigating its effects. You'll find our site Wiki has more in-depth discussions on topics of interest to our members.

Best,
dscoachRN
OllieH
New User
New User

Post by OllieH »

I would like to enter this study along with my wife who has Alzheimer's.