Broken Brain 2

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Broken Brain 2

Post by Julie G »

Is anybody following this series narrated by Dr. Mark Hyman? I'm embarrassed to admit that I tend to avoid these types of learning opportunities for several reasons. First, my schedule is so erratic that I dislike being locked into listening/viewing at a specific time. And second, I've joined a few before with questionable presenters and got hit with enough spam afterwards to last a lifetime :roll:. That said, this one is very different. I'm actually considering purchasing it. It's chockfull of really useful information for our population; everything from specifics on avoiding toxins to how to address specific gene polymorphisms with supplements and diet. I was shocked to hear our group mentioned in today's lecture. If it's not too late, I highly recommend a listen. I think they're on lecture 5 of 8. I’ve learned something new with every lesson. Here's the link.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Broken Brain 2

Post by Magda »

I have just tuned in. In yesterday's episode #6 Dr. Bredesen mentioned our forum and Julie G. :)
I agree the Broken Brain 2 is pretty interesting!

Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
Josiah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Josiah »

Thank you for your heads up post. I could listen to relevant podcasts all day and learn or almost learn something from each one of them. Acting on what I have learned is then another thing that takes a great deal of time. The FM approach (which I wholeheartedly embrace) is nothing if it's not time consuming and costly.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but it seems to me that Google searching is not as helpful as it use to be. I recently was interested in seeking a health coach who specialized in MTHFR problems but putting MTHFR and coach into the search argument yielded a ton of stuff about MTHFR and next to nothing about a MTHFR coach. It took me the better part of a morning but I finally found what I wanted.
E3/E3 male age 84
Anna
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Anna »

Julie G wrote:Is anybody following this series narrated by Dr. Mark Hyman?
I watched the whole thing! Including Bredesen’s shoutout to you. :)

Although there was a bit too much jumping around for my taste (Sometimes I just want to hear the whole interview!), the docuseries definitely touched on a lot of important aspects of brain health. There were some statements made that I’d like to look into, like Chris Kresser’s comment that those with ApoE4 may need a few more carbs (like sweet potatoes) and Bredesen’s mention of lion’s mane for prevention. And one expert (can’t recall who) said that those with ApoE4 have more difficulty utilizing the DHA in fish oil.

For anyone interested, the series is replaying now for free until midnight (EST) Sunday.
~Anna
4/4 but so much more
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

In which episode did they shoutout to Julie / Apoe4.info?
Sonoma Mike
4/4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Josiah wrote:Thank you for your heads up post. I could listen to relevant podcasts all day and learn or almost learn something from each one of them. Acting on what I have learned is then another thing that takes a great deal of time. The FM approach (which I wholeheartedly embrace) is nothing if it's not time consuming and costly.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but it seems to me that Google searching is not as helpful as it use to be. I recently was interested in seeking a health coach who specialized in MTHFR problems but putting MTHFR and coach into the search argument yielded a ton of stuff about MTHFR and next to nothing about a MTHFR coach. It took me the better part of a morning but I finally found what I wanted.
You might find Google Advanced search useful: https://www.google.com/advanced_search
Tincup
E3,E4
PRESCOTT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PRESCOTT »

The first Broken Brain Series is excellent. I purchased that series, which includes in depth interviews with most of the participants, including Dale Bredesen, Anne Hathaway and many others. The series was inspiring, informative. Well worth the purchase cost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk