Meal & Memory Study in Seattle seeking Apoe 4's

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Meal & Memory Study in Seattle seeking Apoe 4's

Post by NF52 »

"rainy" who lives in not-always-rainy Seattle, asked that I share this short-term study participation offer from the University of Washington. She herself participated in the study and found it worthwhile.
The University of Washington is currently
enrolling people for a study testing how
two different meals (one high in fat, one
low in fat) affect memory, blood and spinal
fluid markers.
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE IF:
• You are age 55 or older
• You do not have Alzheimer's disease or
dementia already
• You are not currently taking medication
for diabetes
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
• Information about dementia prevention
• Participants will be compensated for
their time.
The brochure lists $220.as the compensation, which isn't bad for 3 visits!
The Meal and Memory Study for ApoE 4

For those who live near Seattle, the UW has numerous studies and offers of conferences and support groups.
4/4 and still an optimist!
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Meal & Memory Study in Seattle seeking Apoe 4's

Post by Berri »

[quote="NF52"]"rainy" who lives in not-always-rainy Seattle, asked that I share this short-term study participation offer from the University of Washington. She herself participated in the study and found it worthwhile.

I just signed up for this. Thanks for posting.

I'd like to find out if any Apoe 4's in the Seattle area would like to have a get-together. I live in Ballard and I don't have a car anymore but I know the bus system pretty well. I do have a meeting space in my condo building I could offer as a venue -- has a full kitchen in case we wanted to party. (Also has a hot tub and dressing rooms.) :)
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Berri wrote:
NF52 wrote:"rainy" who lives in not-always-rainy Seattle, asked that I share this short-term study participation offer from the University of Washington. She herself participated in the study and found it worthwhile.

I just signed up for this. Thanks for posting.

I'd like to find out if any Apoe 4's in the Seattle area would like to have a get-together. I live in Ballard and I don't have a car anymore but I know the bus system pretty well. I do have a meeting space in my condo building I could offer as a venue -- has a full kitchen in case we wanted to party. (Also has a hot tub and dressing rooms.) :)
I live north of Seattle so will look in to signing up for this too.

Berri - Your condo meeting space sounds like a great place to host an area MeetUp and I would love to attend if I can. Maybe start a new thread to see if others in the area would be interested too.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
shenmen100
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shenmen100 »

I also just signed up for the study and told them about the apoe4.info website which the person doing my intake had not heard about.

Berri I live in Ballard too so I will pm you about meeting up.
Thanks for posting about the studyNF52
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

CarrieS wrote:I live north of Seattle so will look in to signing up for this too.
Berri - Your condo meeting space sounds like a great place to host an area MeetUp and I would love to attend if I can. Maybe start a new thread to see if others in the area would be interested too.
shenmen100 wrote:I also just signed up for the study and told them about the apoe4.info website which the person doing my intake had not heard about.
Berri I live in Ballard too so I will pm you about meeting up.
Thanks for posting about the studyNF52
Berri wrote:I just signed up for this. Thanks for posting. I'd like to find out if any Apoe 4's in the Seattle area would like to have a get-together. I live in Ballard and I don't have a car anymore but I know the bus system pretty well. I do have a meeting space in my condo building I could offer as a venue -- has a full kitchen in case we wanted to party. (Also has a hot tub and dressing rooms.) :
Glad to be of help!

I'm copying
Rainy wrote:
also so she hears about the three of you "neighbors" and your interest in both the study at UW she recommended and a Seattle meet-up!

And I'll also alert a few other people who might be interested in a Seattle meet-up:
NatureLover wrote:
lives in the area and only recently jumped on the rollercoaster of learning she has ApoE 4/4. Great time to meet friends who are further along in this knowledge!
kv wrote:
posted a few times last May when he and his wife were embarking on visits to the same great University of Washington's Brain and Wellness Center. I hope that the last 11 months have brought them information, a great team to support them in their health and the support of friends and family. Here is a chance to expand that circle of support with others also working through having ApoE 4.
Ravenna wrote:
is another 4/4 who posted last year. Since she had not told family at that time, I'm hoping that she doesn't mind a friendly "wave" from someone who welcomed her with a chance to meet other folks who won't be at all surprised by her desire to keep this confidential.

And finally
MarcR wrote:
is a Moderator and tech guru with infinite patience for those of us who are digital newbies. He lives a measly 3 hours from Seattle, so may also be up for great coffee and conversation with great people! And as a Moderator, he can choose, if appropriate to move this conversation to the Meet-Up Forum on the Board Index.

For anyone wanting to be sure you get notified of replies about this topic, go to the wrench icon at the top of the page, just under the topic heading in bold font, and click on that. Then click on Subscribe Topic and you'll get an email anytime someone adds to this conversation topic.
4/4 and still an optimist!
Rainy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rainy »

Wow, many thanks to NF52 for posting this study opportunity and for connecting so many E4 folks in the Pacific Northwest! Thanks also to everyone for expressing interest in the University of Washington Meal and Memory Study. I participated in the Meal and Memory Study myself last year, shortly after receiving my 23andme jackpot of not one but two shiny E4s. I was alarmed and more than a little freaked out at first, but have settled into a mindset of gratitude for discovering this apoe4.info forum. The welcoming forum community and the awareness of potentially beneficial choices (diet, supplements, exercise, etc) have been truly life altering for me.

I personally have enjoyed exploring the various UW studies and resources as they become available. While Dr Angela Hanson herself is aware of the Apoe4.info forum and has discussed it with me, it makes sense that not all of the administrative staff share that awareness, as shenmen100 noted.

I would love to participate in a meet up in the Seattle area. Thank you to Berri for your generous offer to set us up in your Ballard meeting space!
Rainy
E4/E4
"Live your life, live your life, live your life!" Maurice Sendak
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

Thanks for organizing us, NF52! I have moved the topic to the Meet-Ups forum as you suggested.