Keto Power bars you would recommend?

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Keto Power bars you would recommend?

Post by Richard McG »

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ketogenic+ba ... _sb_noss_1

So many choices......which do you use in a pinch. Thanks, friends.
52 years of age, 4/4, BMI ~19, Omad, No cognitive decline as of yet ;)
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Keto Power bars you would recommend?

Post by mike »

My wife uses PerfectKeto
KetoBar.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
dscoachRN
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dscoachRN »

Recently attended the Metabolic Summit which focused on keto. 'Love good fats' is plant-based and made in CN :)
tesslo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tesslo »

https://www.l-nutra.com/fast-bar/
took me about a week to get them but I am going to keep these on hand...Nothing artifical in these
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Some great selections! I use Bulletproof Bars from time to time but want to try something new so thanks for the tips!
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Here's a website that does a comparison on low carb keto bars. Circa 2017. Warning: ad pop-ups galore.
Slacker
E4/E4
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Richard McG »

Lots of great info. Ordered several of these for taste tests!!

Now when they say saturated fats.....is that all "saturated fats 100%" or is there also poly/mono fats in there also. As 4/4 we are supposed to watch our saturated fats correct. Actually, while I'm here how much-saturdated fats do you have a day on average.......just looking at my chronometer :)

Another curveball. Which protein powered would recommend? I hear good things about M2R brands? Any other you use. Love them in the morning before or after a run.

Thanks, Friends.....
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Richard McG wrote: Now when they say saturated fats.....is that all "saturated fats 100%" or is there also poly/mono fats in there also.
If you look at the food label posted by Mike earlier in this thread, you will see that total fat, saturated fat, and trans fats are listed. The left over is poly and mono. Guess whoever made the rules didn't mandate listing the polys and monos separately.

I've quoted you so that you are notified that someone has responded your post. You can also subscribe to this or any other thread, and be notified when anyone adds to it the future (whether they quote you or not!)
Slacker
E4/E4
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Richard McG »

Thanks, Slacker......I do find it hard sometimes to navigate this site as opposed to others. I always lose myself as whenever I click on a link within it immediately closes the tab in chrome and takes you there. Rather than opening up another tab/link. Thanks for your link I will re-read this again.
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Richard McG »

I really enjoyed some of these bars recommended by the pros. Thanks for the links.

Little bit of a problem.. being a Canuck near the border - which is now closed :o running low on my stock of healthy protein bars when I'm on the go.

Any recommendations from fellow Canadians (or our cousins south of the border haha) where you are getting yours. Usually, the stuff I can locate in the great white north is garbage.
Heading over to our only "local" whole foods https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/oakville we only have 4 in the whole country yikes!

Any other locations of health stores that carry excellent quality bars in the greater Toronto/Niagara Falls area :)

Cheers