Fiji water (silica rich water) - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Fiji water (silica rich water) - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Post by laurie »

Tesslo Oh my thanks for the Silica suggestion! I have been doing so well since I have REFUSED flu shots and I told my doctor I had reactions to the flu shot and then he suggested the 'shingles' shot...I already had Shingles! Then they were suggesting I get the Tetanus shot...I caved and thought well maybe I should because of gardening and sewing with needles....then BOOM! I had a autoimmune response with a rash which resembled bug bites....after cleaning all sheets etc no difference +no one else in my family had any 'bites'

I just went out and got some of the water (I had some detox clay from the Gerson center and it has NO silica in it!)
So sorry to hear you had a bad response to a tetanus shot. Glad you found this post. The tetanus shot contains Aluminum phosphate as an adjuvant. I hope the silica water helps your body recover. Please give us an update.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

I wanted to post an update on my mother in law as it has been 7 months. I can say with even more confidence my mother in laws Alzheimer’s has been reversed! We just visited her and unfortunately we hadn’t seen her for 2 years however we were surprised and pleased at how well she is doing. She is drinking Fiji water and continues to manage living in her own home with very limited help from neighbors. When tested recently by her family doctor her cognition had improved 10% since a year ago. She is back to making dinners, she struggles and has to look at the recipe many times but she made us homemade macaroni and cheese. At the dinner table she really surprised us, my husband and I were talking about how children with Autism are improving from drinking silica water. She said she had just read a story in the local newspaper about children who have some rare disease. She couldn’t remember the name of the disease but she told us enough details that we knew she was talking about the recent increase and media coverage of AFM (the polio like disease). This is amazing, she not only remembered this story but made a connection to what we were talking about. During our visit she would comment when she was having trouble remembering things and most of the time this didn’t overwhelm her. We learned she is drinking less Fiji water than we thought (2-3 cups a day not 3- 4 cups a day) so we encouraged her to drink more. We are hopeful there will be more gains. I hope my mother in law's story inspires people to drink silica rich water to protect their brains from aluminum as well as using silica water to improve symptoms of Alzheimer's.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
tommyboyo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tommyboyo »

So can we get the same effect from some kind of silica supplement without having to buy the water?
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

tommyboyo wrote:So can we get the same effect from some kind of silica supplement without having to buy the water?
No most silica supplements do not contain OSA (orthosilicic acid) which is the bioavailable form of silica. Biosil contains OSA but not enough to remove aluminum effectively. I wish there was an easier way for us to get the amount of silica that we need to protect ourselves from aluminum.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
tommyboyo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tommyboyo »

laurie wrote:No most silica supplements do not contain OSA (orthosilicic acid) which is the bioavailable form of silica.
Interesting, so is the silica in water of the bio-available kind then? or does it also suffer the same problem as the supplements?
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

tommyboyo wrote:
laurie wrote:No most silica supplements do not contain OSA (orthosilicic acid) which is the bioavailable form of silica.
Interesting, so is the silica in water of the bio-available kind then? or does it also suffer the same problem as the supplements?
The reason why silica water is effective at reversing Alzheimer's is the water contains OSA (orthosilicic acid) which is the bioavailable form of silica and OSA is effective at removing aluminum from our body. There are no problems with drinking a silica rich mineral water. There are many areas in the world where drinking water is rich in OSA. For example in the Blue Zones where people in general live longer, Okinawa for example has 40 ppm of OSA in their drinking. In Okinawa there are lower rates of dementia, heart disease and some cancers. If you are interested in learning more I have made a few more posts in this forum. Most silica supplements do not contain OSA. Dr. Chris Exley has done research on the effectiveness of silica rich mineral water in removing aluminum from our body. He has found silica water with an OSA above 48 is effective. However silica water with OSA levels above that level will be even more effective.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
tommyboyo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tommyboyo »

Thanks, so are you saying that all silica that is listed as a component of mineral water is of the OSA, bio-available kind? e.g. if it says 90mg silica on the label it really means 90mg OSA? I only ask as when I look at the bottle it just says 'silica' and the mg, there is no mention of OSA.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

tommyboyo wrote:Thanks, so are you saying that all silica that is listed as a component of mineral water is of the OSA, bio-available kind? e.g. if it says 90mg silica on the label it really means 90mg OSA? I only ask as when I look at the bottle it just says 'silica' and the mg, there is no mention of OSA.

Good question. Here is information on reading the label of bottled water for the (OSA) orthosilicic acid levels. There are 3 units of measure used to report orthosilicic acid levels,
1. to convert silicon (Si) to OSA - multiply by 3.4
2. to convert silica (SiO2) to OSA multiply by 1.6
3. orthosilicic acid or silicic acid Si(OH)4 doesn’t need to be concerted. The units can be ppm or milligrams per litre, these are equivalent units of measure
Most of the studies that have looked at aluminum excretion after drinking silica water has seen an enhancement of aluminum excretion of 60 to 125% with a ppm of OSA of 64 to 119 ppm.

Therefore a label that says 90 mg silica is 144 ppm OSA.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

I wanted to give an update on my mother in law as it has been 6 months since my last update.

This spring we have continued to see improvement in her cognition. Sadly my father in law passed away in January and last month the family gathered to celebrate his life of 95 years. I was amazed at how good my mother in laws cognition was especially given the current circumstances. At the celebration she carried on conversations with people throughout the event which lasted 3 hours. She had no cognitive fatigue afterwards. I had predicted she would have to go home early from the event.

Her reasoning and memory skills were also really good during our visit. She is considering selling her car as she is having difficulty driving. Her husband did all the driving. She thought about when she needs a car and how she would manage without one. She called her grandson to offer him the car. The following day she says I thought about another time I need the car and I am not sure I want to sell. I was beyond surprised that she could reason through this decision as well as overnight think of another thing she needed the car for.

My mother in law has decided to continue living in her home and I hope we can continue to help her achieve her goal. I continue to be amazed at the improvement we have seen in her cognition over the last few years. This makes me even more passionate about getting this information to people who can be helped. I appreciate the receptiveness of this APOE-4 community to the information my husband and I have learned on this journey.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Creekside
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Creekside »

laurie wrote:I wanted to give an update on my mother in law as it has been 6 months since my last update.

This spring we have continued to see improvement in her cognition. Sadly my father in law passed away in January and last month the family gathered to celebrate his life of 95 years. I was amazed at how good my mother in laws cognition was especially given the current circumstances.

I'm sorry about the loss of your FIL. May his memory be a blessing. Your MIL seems to be doing really well. Independent living is a challenge with dementia.

I'm trying to assess how decent or bad our drinking water is: https://www-static.bouldercolorado.gov/ ... 011449.pdf -- it has 15.9 or 9.0 (depending on the source) micrograms of aluminum ions/liter, and 2.1/2.8 mg/liter of silicon ions. I am drinking some Fiji water, but not daily.

They do seem to test for everything under the sun. (They have another page on all the stuff they didn't find: https://www-static.bouldercolorado.gov/ ... 231112.pdf )