Fiji water (silica rich water) - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Jtmon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fiji water (silica rich water) - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Post by Jtmon »

My concern, as I read these hopeful reviews of this or that substance, is that there seems to be little scientific rigor behind recommending them. The anxious part of my brain wants to try everything with even a chance of making things better. The scientific part tapping my on a virtual shoulder begs for real evidence - not anecdotes. Even with the Mother in Law example, she is using multiple interventions, so it's hard to figure out what is working. Many of us can spend ourselves broke trying everything. Unfortunately, though, doing one thing at a time is not an option for most of us. We have one life and one brain. Therefore this is not an answer or a judgment - just a comment.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

I'm trying to assess how decent or bad our drinking water is: https://www-static.bouldercolorado.gov/ ... 011449.pdf -- it has 15.9 or 9.0 (depending on the source) micrograms of aluminum ions/liter, and 2.1/2.8 mg/liter of silicon ions. I am drinking some Fiji water, but not daily.

They do seem to test for everything under the sun. (They have another page on all the stuff they didn't find: https://www-static.bouldercolorado.gov/ ... 231112.pdf )
Regarding the level of aluminum in your drinking water which is 9 to 15 mcg/litre, the aluminum most likely comes from the cement lining of the water pipes. In a fairly new housing district in Boulder (we have friends in Boulder) the aluminum level was 29 mcg/litre. All of these levels are well below the safety level standards for drinking water. However with aluminum being a neurotoxin I would recommended filtering your water to remove the aluminum. Your water has 7 ppm of OSA ( the bioavailable form of silica). You need a level of at least 50 ppm of OSA to remove aluminum from your body. A Brita filter is effective at removing aluminum while keeping the beneficial silica.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Jtmon wrote:My concern, as I read these hopeful reviews of this or that substance, is that there seems to be little scientific rigor behind recommending them. The anxious part of my brain wants to try everything with even a chance of making things better. The scientific part tapping my on a virtual shoulder begs for real evidence - not anecdotes. Even with the Mother in Law example, she is using multiple interventions, so it's hard to figure out what is working. Many of us can spend ourselves broke trying everything. Unfortunately, though, doing one thing at a time is not an option for most of us. We have one life and one brain. Therefore this is not an answer or a judgment - just a comment.
Hi Jtom,

I appreciate your comments and your approach to making decisions that will help your brain. I also base what I do and take (lifestyle choices and supplements) on scientific evidence. If you would like to read the scientific evidence that supports aluminum being a causal factor of Alzheimer's and how silica water is effective at removing aluminum from your body, I can provide you with the references. In addition, my husband Dennis N Crouse has written 2 evidenced based books on these subject, one book has 702 references and the other book has 407. The subject of his 1st book is Aluminum and Alzheimer's, the subject of his second book is silica water and health.

You are right my mother in law was not part of a scientific study, there were no controls and yes she is taking other supplements (all made by the body) but one needs to pay attention to these stories as this information can drive further research and most importantly this information can help people now.

Drinking silica rich mineral water is such a simple lifestyle choice to implement and one which can improve everyone's health as we are exposed to so much aluminum in our daily lives.

Here is a link to the 1st chapter of my husbands book. At this website there is a link to his blog and videos we have made. If you are on facebook we have pages for both books. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... chapter-1/

If you decide to look into this further, my husband and I appreciate feedback from people.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
martin marie
New User
New User

Post by martin marie »

Hi

I would like your opinion about something I read about a molecule that can interfere with the bacteria porphyromona gingivalis that is said to be one of the cause of the disease.
I read that silicon nitride could have an effet on this bacteria.
Could it be possible that it is why drinking a water rich in silicium could have a positive effect on the disease? I’m not a biologist but maybe there could be a link...
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... Gingivalis

Thank you for your support

Marie
dscoachRN
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dscoachRN »

Good day Marie,
Wecome to the ApoE4 community! Your question/observation is interesting. As a functional medicine certified health coach working with clients on the Bredesen program, fostering oral hygiene recognizing contributors is important. Certainly, filtration and/or ionized drinking water is advisable. Personally, I cannot recommend any bottled water for its environmental cost. As you see all questions are valued.

As you've just recently joined us, we highly recommend reading our site Primer written by a member practicing physician. In addition to being a great way to learn more about our community, it's truly a wonderful source of information about this ApoE4 gene of ours and offers clearly stated, prioritized lifestyle strategies focused on mitigating its effects. You'll find our site Wiki has more in-depth discussions on topics of interest to our members. For tips on how to get the most out of our website, check out our How-To-Guide. And to search our forums for topics of interest to you, just click on the magnifying glass along the upper right of this page.

Marie, please don't hesitate to ask questions of the group at any time as they come up. And again, welcome!
Warmly,
dscoachRN
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

martin marie wrote:Hi

I would like your opinion about something I read about a molecule that can interfere with the bacteria porphyromona gingivalis that is said to be one of the cause of the disease.
I read that silicon nitride could have an effet on this bacteria.
Could it be possible that it is why drinking a water rich in silicium could have a positive effect on the disease? I’m not a biologist but maybe there could be a link...
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... Gingivalis

Thank you for your support

Marie
Drinking silica water does not facilitate the formation of silicon nitride. The OSA (orthosilicic acid-the bioavailable form of silica) in the water reacts with aluminum and facilitates the elimination of aluminum from the body including the brain. Research has shown that aluminum causes all the hallmarks of Alzheimer's. Glad to see you are reading and asking questions. This is very complex and difficult to understand. We need scientists like my husband to help us understand.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

dscoachRN wrote:Good day Marie,
. Personally, I cannot recommend any bottled water for its environmental cost. As you see all questions are valued.

dscoachRN
I agree and this is why my husband Dennis N Crouse who is a chemist developed a recipe to make your own silica rich water(Silicade). This is more sustainable and cost effective than buying bottled water from another country. We have made this recipe available for free to everyone. The recipe is on the internet. The silica as orthosilicic acid in Silicade is chemically the same as in Fiji water. The amount of OSA in Silicade is also the same as in Fiji water.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
dscoachRN
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dscoachRN »

Thank you Laurie,
I would be interested for myself & potentially clients. Could you kindly direct me to this 'recipe?'
Kind regards,
dscoachRN
dscoachRN
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dscoachRN »

I see it on youtube, thanks!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

dscoachRN wrote:I see it on youtube, thanks!
Glad you found the you tube video. Here is a link to the written recipe. Let me know if you have any questions. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... m/2017/09/
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse